Cool piece of Turisas memorabilia

Mr. Lapin Kulta

Evil invader
Jul 20, 2004
Northernmost Sweden
www.moonsorrow.com
I was going through my stuff as I'm in the process of moving to a new house in a few weeks time and I found something pretty cool that I had almost forgotten about. This was given to me as a thank you from Mathias after I completed their website in '04. It was originally used by the "christian soldiers" during the photo shoots for the Battle Metal album. As I'm moving to a house twice the size of my current appartment - and my generous fiancée has granted me a private music room - this will definitely find it's place on my wall. Cool shit, no?

turisas.JPG

Yeah it's cool, isn't it.

Nah, actually the new webdesign was created by Jussi from the band. I was brutally sacked and left bleeding....

Hahahah, just kidding, various circumstances led up to him doing it instead of me. Site looks damn much better no though so cheers to that! :)

Oh right. So where did you learn how to do that kind of stuff? I was wondering because i wouldn't mind taking a course one day (or whatever it is you did to learn it).. because i wouldn't mind a job doing that kind of stuff.

Jussi is great at Website design, his myspace page looks great :p

Where I learned to to websites? Well, nowhere to be honest and I think that shines through in my work hahahaha :lol: (www.moonsorrow.com, www.theblackleague.fi, www.glittertind.net etc). I did a fan website for Sentenced back in 1999, I think it was, and it kinda just rolled from there. I don't know shit about doing websites to be quite honest. Still after 8 years I haven't learned a fucking new thing. It's just a hobby that I do for free. I've never charged a band a penny for doing a website. That's probably why I've gotten to do any what so ever :lol:

oh right.. so, do you use a software and then turn it all into HTML or something?

..well those sites seem pretty good to me, and i think it's awesome that bands like Moonsorrow and Turisas (being quite 'big' bands in the (folk) metal world) are coming to you to get a website done.

I do digital art as a hobby, and so far (i've not been doing it long), this is the best piece i've made:

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa295/Warlord_Aden/Digital%20Art/BumblebeeTransformerThemedPic.jpg

But my knowledge of it all is quite limited.. that piece is just pretty much a collaboration of the best things i've learnt to do in 'GIMP'.

I still to this day do the basics for any website in FrontPage since that's the fastest way but I've picked up on some code language over the years so I basically just to the individual pages (add text and stuff) in FP and then programme frames and shit. As I said though I basically know nothing about websdesign. I just go with the flow :lol:

..well those sites seem pretty good to me, and i think it's awesome that bands like Moonsorrow and Turisas (being quite 'big' bands in the (folk) metal world) are coming to you to get a website done.

They're decent I guess. Just plain and basic sites, no "extra" stuff so to speak. Moonsorrow was actually my first official site, been doing it since 2000 or 2001. I got to hear some of their stuff and fell in love with the music, so I sent an e-mail asking if I could get some logos and stuff to do a fansite. I ended up doing their official site instead. Just fell into my lap hahaha :)

Your digital art piece is cool mate! Transformers rule!

Oh right, cool. Well i'll do some research into 'FrontPage', and maybe oneday understand more about site-making.. it looks quite fun :p

Yeah, theyre simple, but they still look good, 'The Black League' and the 'Glittertind' one's look great, even if they aren't crazy, interactive, over the top things. (have you ever been on Biomechanical's website, it's crazy)

And cheers for the compliment! :) ..i've not yet seen Transformers, but my sister has and she told me to make a piece using 'Bumblebee'.. and it turned out to be my best piece. I did one for Megatron too in a similar style but i don't think it's as good:

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa295/Warlord_Aden/Digital%20Art/MegatronTransformersThemedPic.jpg

That bumblebee one was kiiiller! The megatron one would be cool, but (just as my opinion and hopefully taken as constructive criticism) he blends into the background too much. It's practically the same color. Also it seems that the point of focus is too low in the frame. If it were higher that'd rule. Still, great work man, way better than anything i could ever do.

Zach - who has no room to talk about art :lol: