Cool songs to play in dropped-D?

Missiles

Confusing avatar! :O
Jan 2, 2004
Approachin'
I was changing the strings of my guitar ( after LOTS of months without changing them, it seems that unknown species of mushrooms have grown under my strings ) and I decided to play with the tuning a bit, and I decided to try Dropped-D.

I know it's a homosexual tuning, but anyway I would like to play some cool stuff ( looking to the tabs and that shit ) after I change back to standard E-tuning. :p

I would like to play some In Flames, but I think those muthafuckas play in Dropped-C. D'oh! :yell:

Any suggestions? :loco:

yeah...zakk wylde tunes his shit in fucking B i think....someone correct me if im wrong. i always thought 1919 eternal was in C though.

Bloodbath - Buried by the Dead

Although I think the actually wrote it in C, it goes for easy playing for me in dropped c. At least it's dropped.
I write most death in dropped C.

BodomIsYourGod said:
Lamb Of god
boring.

i would think, the songs on the new darkest hour, are very good to play in drop C(yeah kris uses drop C not drop D, close enough), the new album has some incredible riffs, and some decent solos, even if you can't get past the somewhat crappy singing, its still a solid album

yeah in flames are in C...you should drop to B and play some real sludge metal.those riffs are fucking awesome(crowbar,electric wizard)

the forum messed up on me, so i'll just do another post....

i would think, the songs on the new darkest hour, are very good to play in drop C(yeah kris uses drop C not drop D, close enough), the new album has some incredible riffs, and some decent solos, even if you can't get past the somewhat crappy singing, its still a solid album

Missiles said:
I was changing the strings of my guitar ( after LOTS of months without changing them, it seems that unknown species of mushrooms have grown under my strings ) and I decided to play with the tuning a bit, and I decided to try Dropped-D.

I know it's a homosexual tuning, but anyway I would like to play some cool stuff ( looking to the tabs and that shit ) after I change back to standard E-tuning. :p

I would like to play some In Flames, but I think those muthafuckas play in Dropped-C. D'oh! :yell:

Any suggestions? :loco:
aint the fret buzz really bad? I tuned down to D.. Had it like that for like day and just couldnt stand the fret buzz.. and I dont know how to adjust the neck and shit.. then I tuned up again and my high E snapped.. typical.. but yeah...