Cops drive past construction sites, Mexican workers run like hell--is it legal???!

Jurched

Ask&YoullBeSorry
May 10, 2005
Calais, Maine (not France)
I never understood the controversy about seizing Illegal Invaders and kicking their law-breaking asses back to Guadalajara. But, as the son of a legal immigrant who married a legal immigrant, I never will!

PANAMA CITY BEACH, Fla. (AP) - The sheriff's department has developed a remarkably effective - and controversial - way of catching illegal immigrants: Deputies in patrol cars pull up to a construction site in force, and watch and see who runs.

Those who take off are chased down and arrested on charges such as trespassing, for cutting through someone else's property, or loitering, for hiding out in someone's yard, or reckless driving, for speeding off in a car.

I can't believe they gotta use fuckin Al Capone techniques to arrest these criminals! Fuckin A, let's just nail the bastards on failure to file income tax forms and put em in Alcatraz!

U.S. immigration authorities are then given the names of those believed to be in this country illegally.

"It's not wrong for them to run, but it's not wrong for us to chase them either," said Sheriff Frank McKeithen, who created his Illegal Alien Task Force in April to target construction sites in this Florida Panhandle county.

Ah yes, construction sites. Also known as slave labour camps.

Immigrant advocates say the technique is repugnant, and the ACLU says its constitutionality is questionable.

"If they got nothin to hide, then why the fuck are they running?!" As for the ACLU... honestly, what the hell has the United States Constitution got to do with police driving up to construction sites?

Illegal immigrants are leaving town.

Buh bye.

And builders are worried the crackdown will deprive them of the labor they need to take part in a building boom in which Panama City's Beach cheap spring-break motels are being torn down and replaced with high-rise condos.

Awwww! No more slave labour to build flimsy shacks that fall apart in three years and cost only half a million! No more Porsches and Range Rovers for these tough, hardworking slave-drivers (I mean, subcontractors).

The sheriff said the raids are justified under a long-standing Florida law prohibiting employers from knowingly hiring illegal immigrants.

Right! So what's the problem?

His department has conducted dozens of these raids over the past three months, sometimes using five or six patrol cars, and has reported more than 500 people to immigration officials since November.

The Mexican American Legal Defense Fund is investigating the arrests because "the intimidation factor is of great concern," said Elise Shore, regional counsel for the organization.

And just how does the Tan Slavery Society investigate arrests?! Does Manuel come into the police station and demand to reenact every arrest?

Benjamin Stevenson, an attorney with the American Civil Liberties Union in Florida, said he finds the tactic troubling.

Of course! If he didn't, his name wouldn't be in the newspaper. Benny's just a goddamned attention leech!

"Why are they sending out six or seven agents to investigate a paper crime, and are they causing them to run in the first place through intimidation?" he asked.

"Why's Manuel running?"

As the debate over illegal immigration plays out in Washington, McKeithen is among a growing number of state and local officials taking it upon themselves to enforce immigration laws that up to now were regarded as a federal responsibility.

Barbara Gonzalez, a spokeswoman for U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement in Miami, would not comment on the sheriff's tactics.

That's right. She's not gonna commend law enforcement for doing HER fuckin job. Someone might suggest Barbara is a fat fuckin waste of food and tax money!

McKeithen has asked Florida Attorney General Bill McCollum for a legal opinion on his tactics. A spokeswoman for McCollum said the office is researching the request.

A cruiser pulls up to a construction site and guilt-ridden criminals run like their sombreros are on fire. What's illegal about that?

The sheriff said that more recently, his officers have been making fewer arrests of workers who flee, and are concentrating more on asking employers for the paperwork on their employees. Sheriff's deputies then arrest workers whose documents are found to be fraudulent.

You arrest the slave-driving contractor for tax evasion and impound that muthafucka's new Lexus! THAT'S how you solve the problem.

Mexican illegal immigrant Jose Madrid, 28, said he has been unable to find a construction job over the past six weeks because of the crackdown, and hasn't been able to send money to his parents and his 7-year-old son back home.

Yeah! His 44 cousins and other close relatives NEED that money badly. How the fuck else are they gonna pay the COYOTES to get their asses across the Rio Grande and into a good construction job?

"We immigrants, we are leaving Panama City. People are afraid they will be deported," he said. "The companies don't want to hire illegal people. Now they're only hiring those with papers."

I love this quote. It makes me want to read it with a Speedy Gonzales accent! Ha ha!

But he says people are afraid to be deported. From what I've heard, NOBODY gets deported unless they're caught in the Arizona desert.

Developer Louis Breland is finishing the first phase of a $750 million beach condo project. "Subcontractors could not function without immigrant laborers for painting, rebar and steel work. They are the best workers," he said. "Without them, the cost of construction would be 10 times as much and nothing would get built."

Am I supposed to feel sorry for this rich fat bastard? He's running a slave camp and pocketing massive profits! Don't tell me construction would be so much more expensive! That's fuckin bull shit!

What WOULD happen is that the task-masters wouldn't be able to cut 40% profits for themselves if they had to pay their helots even the minimum wage.

FUCKERS!!!!

Jurched

that's the stupidest thing i've ever read.
it's an ingenious move on the part of the cops so 'bravo' for them. as for those complaining i'd bring charges of aiding and abetting, obstruction... whatever i could come up with to stick against them for attempting to help illegals continue to break the laws of this country!

dude you couldn't be any more right than that. I just showed the whole thread to my wife and she didn't like any of it, which i couldn't really udnerstand bcs the cops are simply doing their job. Nothing'd wrong by doing drive-bys. But she thinks that next cops will just use that everywhere and terorize people. Keep in my mind she's hispanic and always claims that i agree to all this just because i'm white.
I used to work in construction sites alot here in texas, and my favorite thing to do was drive by, honk the horn and scream "la migra. la migra' out the window. i got my share of mexicans running, good times.
Oh and fuck the ACLU, because not only did those borderjumpers, jumped the border, but they loved stealing our equipment and pawn it. Some builders even told me that on week end, guys come and steal appliances in houses. rig the doors and windows to get in without breakin anything.
Fuck all this shit, send them back to where they came from.

dude you couldn't be any more right than that. I just showed the whole thread to my wife and she didn't like any of it, which i couldn't really udnerstand bcs the cops are simply doing their job. Nothing'd wrong by doing drive-bys. But she thinks that next cops will just use that everywhere and terorize people. Keep in my mind she's hispanic and always claims that i agree to all this just because i'm white.
I used to work in construction sites alot here in texas, and my favorite thing to do was drive by, honk the horn and scream "la migra. la migra' out the window. i got my share of mexicans running, good times.
Oh and fuck the ACLU, because not only did those borderjumpers, jumped the border, but they loved stealing our equipment and pawn it. Some builders even told me that on week end, guys come and steal appliances in houses. rig the doors and windows to get in without breakin anything.

I caught some mexicans stealing a jacuzzi from a freshly built house in my parents neighborhood when it was created back in the early 90's That was funny. But yeah, alot of construction guys back then where just normal white dudes and they would come back and steal appliances if any where in there, but the biggest thing was plants! They took trees and flowers and shit.

dude you couldn't be any more right than that. I just showed the whole thread to my wife and she didn't like any of it, which i couldn't really udnerstand bcs the cops are simply doing their job. Nothing'd wrong by doing drive-bys. But she thinks that next cops will just use that everywhere and terorize people.

Yeah, maybe. I don't see how the cops aren't already doing that to regular citizens. They do it every night in South Central LA, to combat gangs.

Even here, now that school's out, all the KIDZ are hanging out by the bus stop ever damn night. Where'd they go in the winter, when it was too cold for their asses?

Anyway, the cops show up every other hour, and "terrorise" them by asking questions and warning them about being charged with loitering. Which is good! They make a lot of noise, litter like hippies at a Burning Man festival, and are a blight on the downtown landscape. But just like Mejicanos at the construction site, these dumb kidz keep comin back to the bus station!

Keep in my mind she's hispanic and always claims that i agree to all this just because i'm white.

That's something I just don't understand.

First of all, I can't find a single opponent of the illegals who's against LEGAL law-abiding immigration. Not ONE! And believe me, that system's on the verge of cracking at any moment! How many millions come to this country legally each year? God only knows! At least a million become citizens every year.

My wife was one of 50 new citizens during the SECOND swearing-in ceremony on a regular weekday this last January. That's a lot of legal, law-abiding immigrants!

And that's why I'm pissed off at this illegal invader amnesty, and everyone who's supporting it and calling opponents stupid names.

I've been there! I've followed the law, paid the fees, suffered the humiliation, turned over every goddamned piece of my life to blank-faced bureaucrats who's only entertainment was to make me suffer! I've gone through it all to follow the law... and I'll be shoveled into my own grave before I give so much as an ounce of piss to these amnesty lovers! FUCK THEM!

I've paid too much and suffered too long to have ANY sympathy!

Second of all, what's the race issue here? Is it racist to point out that out of probably 20,000,000 illegal invaders, about 19,000,000 crossed the Mexican border?

A few days ago, I heard some Hispanic lady on Rush Limbaugh accusing him of being hard on Mexicans, and that there were other illegals. Well, there are! But Mejicanos and other Latinos make up 95% of the invaders.

Its the reality! You see a bunch of Aztecs standing around a street corner in the morning, guess what? Its just possible that they're illegal invaders waiting for some slave-driver, I mean, sub-contractor, to pick em up. See some Olmecs swingin hammers on the roof? Its just possible they rolled up their pants and skipped across the Rio Grande for the work.

C'mon! Let's tell these knee-jerk race-baiters to get real!

Ah, but what about the other 5%, those 1,000,000 invaders from other countries? They're probably people who got legal immigrant visas but did not leave when they expired.

Hey, I even know one. A guy I know imported his mother-in-law to sit with his baby. The visa was for one year, but that was three years ago. She ain't going back! There's nobody for her in the old country.

That's what the law says. Round them up, and ship them out! Exile them to the lands where they were born! But for some reason, the law doesn't seem to matter in this case...

Jurched

One of the most popular talking-points of the pro-invasion types, is the tiresome nonsense about how we cannot possibly "round up and deport twelve million people" or something to that effect. Hogwash! It can most certainly be done if the will and spine were there. And if we lack the wherewithal to get it done, perhaps we can ask the Germans for some guidance and assistance - I seem to recall they had a knack for this sort of thing. Don't tell me it cannot be done!