*Cough*Glenn*Awaken the Guardian*

zekeyou

Mar 3, 2004
The Triiiaaannnnggggle
https://www.facebook.com/keepittruefestival

awakentheguardian_zps4177e233.jpg

Hi Friends,

The wait is over. As promised we have a huge Christmas present for you.

We are extremely proud to present you our KEEP IT TRUE 2016 (!!!) headliner:

To celebrate the 30th anniversary of “Awaken The Guardian” FATES WARNING will perform the complete album plus more early FATES WARNING songs from the Arch era in the original “Awaken The Guardian” line up: John Arch (vocals), Jim Matheos (guitar), Frank Aresti (guitar), Joe DiBiase (bass) and Steve Zimmerman (drums). This will be an EXCLUSIVE European Show and the first time FATES WARNING will perform an old school show with John Arch on vocals.

Not only for us this is a lifetime dream coming true. We started KIT in 2003 with many dreams and hopes and the biggest one was this. Many thanks especially to Jim Matheos and John Arch for making this possible. And of course also to our supportive fans who made KIT what it is now. We hope you are as happy as we are….

Hopefully we could make you a real big xmas present and we wish you all happy holidays and a happy new year.

Metal on

Tarek + Oli

One show is nearly not enough. At least when the Arch/Matheos album came out they did one show in CT (Arch was awesome!) plus a couple in Europe. Guess we can speculate till September for 2016 unless Glenn says no chance. :D

Good god. That would be amazing.

And good on the current lineup of Fates to step down for this and allow the Guardian lineup to still call itself Fates Warning rather than have to come up with some stupid name for it (like "Guardians of Fate" or some shit). We all know what this is, and it'd be a dream come true to see that set.

:yow: ERMAHGERD! what fantastic news to awaken to on Christmas Eve day... and if ever there were a reason for me to return to Europe - THIS IS IT! \m/ 'Awaken the Guardian' by Fates Warning is still in my top 5 favorite metal albums of all time! And I was never able to catch this lineup 'back in the day'.

gotta start saving money NOW. :saint:

I'm guessing a Connecticut show will be the exclusive U.S. show…from what I recall, Glenn isn't a huge fan of Arch-era Fates
Glenn is, however, a shrewd businessman. Perhaps I'm overestimating how much of a draw this would be, but getting the US exclusive of Fates Warning w/ John Arch on vocals seems like it would be a good headliner for one night of the 2016 fest. It might not resonate as much with the younger crowd, but the exclusivity factor could get a lot of people excited. Glenn's personal taste certainly plays its part in booking the festival but unless John Arch personally ran over Metal Sam, I suspect he'd at least be taking a look at this.

When I awoke to see this news yesterday, I was blown away! I really wanted to see Arch/Matheos when they played in Connecticut, but some unfortunate circumstances got in the way. I really hope that someone can book this show in the States, but at least I have over a year to save up for a trip to Germany if nothing happens on these shores. This might just be the thing that gets me over to Europe for the first time in my life!

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

how to get me back to ProgPower ... 2016, this and Savatage reunion (after Wacken and Caffery's comments) - yeah, I'll give you my amex to sponsor today. :)

When I awoke to see this news yesterday, I was blown away! I really wanted to see Arch/Matheos when they played in Connecticut, but some unfortunate circumstances got in the way. I really hope that someone can book this show in the States, but at least I have over a year to save up for a trip to Germany if nothing happens on these shores. This might just be the thing that gets me over to Europe for the first time in my life!

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

I think I was the only person disappointed with the announcement. I was hoping for someone else. There is still 20 other bands. Who knows Al....maybe we can hang out together out there!!! HA

OMG!!!! THE RETURN OF STEVE ZIMMERMAN??!!!!!!!

LOMBARDO & PORTNOY PREPARE TO BE SHAMED!!!!!!!!!!!

Ummmm, as much as I love Fates Warning's 1st 4 discs, Zimmerman can't hold a candle to any technical drummer out there. It's why he was replaced in the 1st place.

In saying that, welcome back Joe and Steve!