Could anyone give me tips on my mix?

tr3nt

May 28, 2009
Hey guys, I just wrote and recorded this song, it's not metal at all but this is the most helpful community :).

I'm just looking for some tips because I'm not sure where to go next, but the track isn't how I want it to sound when I listen to other mixes etc.

Here it is: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1371004/testmaster2.mp3

Thanks and Godbless.

cymbals are panned to hard. guitars are pretty muddy (needs tons of clarity), snare sounds like cardboard box with a pillow in it (bring up the mids/high end a bit). kick and bass sound pretty decent. maybe too much click on the kick for this type of music though. i can't think of anything else, but the left side (cymbals) is quite ear fatiguing.

cymbals are panned to hard. guitars are pretty muddy (needs tons of clarity), snare sounds like cardboard box with a pillow in it (bring up the mids/high end a bit). kick and bass sound pretty decent. maybe too much click on the kick for this type of music though. i can't think of anything else, but the left side (cymbals) is quite ear fatiguing.

Do you think the guitars need to be worked on with EQ and stuff or fixed from the source? Thanks for the response man.