Could Electric Wizard - Dopethrone be the perfect metal album?

Dammit, I couldn't find the thread, but I'm pretty sure I made you a John Garcia comp, and like the day before I uploaded it you ditched the forum for about 6 months, haha.

I should buy this shit then. Hmm.

So I did buy this shit... listened to it a couple of times... FUCK!!!!

Funeralopolis rules, coming up on the awesome suite of Weird Tales

Jus Oborn sounds like one of the most drug-addled fucks I've come across in a while and I love it :kickass:

Awesome album, one of my all time favorites:kickass:

I actually just bought We Live This weekend. Cool, but not nearly as good as Dopethrone. They had Come, My Fanatics at our local mall in Ohio, but I never had the money for it

I've gone back to listening to this one daily.

Many albums I obsess over sorta disappear after awhile, with only occasional resurfacing. This one disappears for about a month, then gets spun 6 times a day for the next week. Great for a variety of moods: driving, zoning, working, sitting, ruling, etc.

If it had the production merits of Let Us Prey, it would be perfect. As it stands, it's close e-god-damn-nough.

I think I still prefer Let Us Prey which would be utterly, undeniably perfect if it didn't have tracks two and five. I mean I don't mind them holding off on the doomy awesomeness for five minutes to do something else in principle but neither of those tracks do it for me.

Track 2 on Let Us Prey pretty much blows, it's completely out of place. I dig Track 5 though.

Yeah so this is Top 10 material.

I think I bought it 3 years ago, maybe 2, and I've listened to it A LOT, and it gets better nearly every time. I think the only thing that could improve it would be production values similar to Let Us Prey, but then again that might disrupt some of the charm.

There was that remastered edition that came out last year and when I heard a track or two I seem to recall it being way cleaned up. The clarity was fairly exciting to hear, but as you say, the dirtiness of the original is part of the charm. So I haven't really been too keen on getting that new release of it.

I got around to hearing the original and finally like it, but being an asshole the "dirtiness" of it got to me. I shall download this remaster and have both, depending on which I'm in the mood for!

There was that remastered edition that came out last year and when I heard a track or two I seem to recall it being way cleaned up. The clarity was fairly exciting to hear, but as you say, the dirtiness of the original is part of the charm. So I haven't really been too keen on getting that new release of it.
Hmm, perhaps I shall give this proverbial college try.