Covenant - "In Times Before the Light" ORIGINAL RECORDING REISSUE

Zephyrus

Tyrants and Slaves
Jan 18, 2006
Maine or Iowa
For those of you who don't know about Norway's The Kovenant, it started way back as an atmospheric/symphonic BM band that later changed its name from Covenant to The Kovenant after a dispute with a pop band with the same name. The band's original album "In Times Before the Light" became at cult classic and a rarity. The album was re-released around 2001 but it was drowned in electronics, representing the band's change in direction.

Fortunately, the band's myspace has just anounced a re-release of the original recording with new artwork.

myspace.com/thekovenant said:
We are also pleased to announce, that our lost debut album , "IN TIMES BEFORE THE LIGHT",will yet again emerge in its original state anno 1995, including the infamous "From the storm of shadows" demo from 1994. So we present to you the album cover here, as a small taste of things to come. The Album will be available soon on VME/Head Not Found Records.

ITBTL.jpg

All my attempts to track down the original have failed, so I'm pumped to get my hands on this lost classic as soon as it comes out. Any Troll fans should take notice here.

Haha, someone negative repped me.

To answer whomever repped me I have heard the original, and it is FAR superior to the remake, which is total shit.

Oh now you edited that "fixed" quote of mine. It originally said "Just imagine the same it sucking", I saw that before you edited in the "without". I like both versions regardless, but I see your true intention.

I'll give it back to you next time I get the opportunity.