Cover artwork plagiarism - Iron Maiden, Evergrey, Kiss, Angra, Morbid Angel etc

painergrey

Jul 15, 2004
I can't believe how incredibly shameless are those graphic designers nowadays. Besides the lack of talent to create their own art, they copy other artists' artwork.

Check out those cases involving front covers of KISS/Manowar, Hexenhaus/Morbid Angel, Ivanhoe/Evergrey, Open Fire/Alabama Thunderpussy

Similar/identical Metal albums artwork part I

Then, take a look at those including Uriah Heep/Annihilator, Angra/Death SS, Nazareth, Nashville Pussy, Warlock/At Vance.

Incredible! Ridiculous.

Similar/identical Metal albums artwork part II

Even the might Bruce Dickinson from Iron Maiden did it with a 70's prog rock band - link

Does anyone remember similar cases?

The Evergrey one shouldn't be there, obviously both artists have used the same stock "free to use" image they probably found from the internet, but everything else is completely different.

In fact that's probably what has happened with a lot of the other ones too. Someone obviously doesn't understand the idea of stock images.

Actually being able to use a stock image to create something new that hasn't been done before is quite a talent.

man, do you own any record from the 80's? If you do, you know what's artwork... true artwork.

Haha, are you even an artist yourself? You clearly don't understand much about Art at all. Being able to manipulate and change an image into something original is just as much of a talent as being able to create something from scratch.

I'm Shocked.
Kiss invented the idea of having them standing on their album cover.
Manowar is shameless for having a similar idea, and must have stolen it from them.
You can tell because they are hiding the fact they stole the idea, by having everything else be completely different.
I'm shocked, and glad this was brought to my attention.

I have to admit I've seen some similar cases.
Some that come to mind happen to be everyfuvkingalbumevermade

AHahahahahaha, man people can be ignorant sometimes. That's The Angel of Grief, a statue in Rome. Using a photograph of a real life object isn't plagarism :lol:

AHahahahahaha, man people can be ignorant sometimes. That's The Angel of Grief, a statue in Rome. Using a photograph of a real life object isn't plagarism :lol:

Well, it's not plagarism but they still could've found something else to put on their CD cover, it's not really original.

Its not really original having a picture of the statue in the first place.
The statue itself would have been original.

^ If it fits, it fits.

Why sacrifice artistic integrity in choosing something else, when you have an image for an album cover that fits perfectly?

Edit: Postjumped, meant to reply to Marie.