Jeff Loomis makes the cut to Top 50 guitarists of all time

I can't believe I paused the new Steve Von Till to watch that. (that is the Blink 182 thing)

I really hate youtube videos that I think are going to be funny but end up being shitty music

Comparing Dimebag to John McLaughlin or Al Di Meola is like comparing apples and oranges.

This list doesn't seem to be about comparisons or "best" players in the world. It seems to be a list of favorites of the guitarists of the Hard/Heavy music scene.

I think that just making the cut in a poll in which 330 guitarists participated in is an honor to any guitarist. I was surprised with Trey Azagthoth on there. Great guitarist. He deserves a place there. Then, how are you going to compare him to Django Reinhardt? Favorites are exactly like this list: varied and subjective. There's no rule able to tell you that this or that one can or can't be your favorite.

However, 330 guitarists make a very significant representative sampling.

This is just another dumb-ass list that doesn't even deserve discussion. Slash over Django Reinhardt...yeah that makes sense...good comparison. Another meaningless poll by knuckleheads for knuckleheads.