Cover Effects?

E

Eyesore

I have a question about Travis' covers. On a lot of them he used some sort of effect to make it look grainy. For instance the new Beseech cover...although that looks more like traditional artwork mixed in, not digital. The Katatonia covers are what I am talking about...I just got Photoshop and I am wondering if he uses another program because I can't seem to match it...although I am a beginner...anyone know?

Ken

Really? Interesting. Any tips on how to get these accomplish this since I am a beginner. I bought a digital camera which is really nice for this purpose of design, but I have really gotten into using it yet...any help would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks,
Ken

So do you develop and then scan the photos? I took some digital photos last night and tried some things out and I liked what I saw. See, my problem is that I have no design background aside from being an artist. I think I really need to take a course or two and familiarize myself with all the different mediums because I am just trying things here without any guidance at all...but I do appreciate the inputs...

Ken