Cover of One by Metalllica - rate my mix on it please!

schismatic

Kintsugi is coming
Feb 18, 2007
Gloucester, UK
Hi guys,

I just spent last night and today recording the majority of One, roughly the first half of the song. I used DFHS and my Ibanez RG1570 and Peavey bass through a Toneport. Demo of Ozone for kinda of polishing it. Snare is Sneap's triggered. Have a listen for me as I have not done much mixing before, this is say my 3rd or 4th proper mix of stuff I've recorded. Tips on the forum have helped me loads by the way!

Please critique in any way possible! Only way I'll learn! Hehe.

Song at: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=652796

Tom

Edit: I know there's too much reverb on second solo - haven't fixed it in this mp3 though.

Nice clean tones/playing, but it sounds like there was nothing done to the drums.

The snare sounds panned slightly to the right, the hats sound center, you only ever use that one crash, and I don't hear any verb at all on the drum mix.

man, i haven't listened to this stuff for so long.
sounds good to me... at the moment I'm not really able to say much on your mix, these computer speakers are pretty little and limit a lot of sounds.
the snare might be a bit loud but that could just be the frequency response for these pc cones. Good Job man, this stuff brings back a lot of memories growin up for sure.

Overall a good job dude. Try a drier mix on the Clean guitars I think the effects are a bit too wet.

Oh the memories. Still remember the first day I heard that album when it was just released all those years ago. Gotta love cassette.

Oh yeah, if Lars checks out Soundclick he might sue your ass. :lol: You agreed not to post cover songs on there when you joined, look out. :lol: