• Before the Bleeding Sun

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Children of the Dark Waters

Votes: 11 45.8%

• Total voters

HAemlock

Aurora Borealis
May 31, 2009
What is your favorite cover of ETOS Albums ?

Sinner's Serenade - 1997

Vilda Mánnu - 1998

Chaotic Beauty - 2000

A Virgin and a Whore - 2001

Before the Bleeding Sun - 2006

Children of the Dark Waters - 2009

Difficult poll...I chose ChotDW, but I had a hard time not to vote for AWaaW, because of my sentiment for this album and also BtBS has a very nice cover..

I don't like Sinner's Serenade's cover (too simple for me)
Vilda Mannu's cover has some elements that I like but I don't like the mixtures of colors between the Purple and Sandy Brown.
The others covers are more beautiful to me :
I love the face of the woman on the CB's cover and the symbols on the right.
I love the 2 birds on the cover of BtBS and the mixture of colors are very beautiful, but the only element on this cover that I don't like very much is the sun, it looks like a fruit.

The cover of A Virgin and a Whore is my favorite cover of all time, I love so much the character on it and the colors ...
And I think this cover reflect all the Atmosphere of the musics on that album ...

(Sorry for my english ^^'')

[Warning: Long Post]

Sinner's Serenade
I don't understand the correlation bewteen the content of the image and the music (lyrics), and tbh I wouldn't pass it as a decent photograph or artwork (terrible choice in colours);
The typography really disappoints me - I'll leave it at that.

Vilda Mánnu
The typography disappoints again;
I can see how one obvious layer (the moon) correlates to the title (duh);
btw, anyone notice the typo inside the album booklet?

Chaotic Beauty
Better choice for the type and logo, I can easily read them now;
I applaud for the introduction of the trademark 'E';
the torso of the woman... I wouldn't use 'chaotic' to describe her, but it certainly is an 'out-of-the-ordinary' kind of beauty.

A Virgin and a Whore
I could pull out a number of 'symbols' I notice, but of course it differs from person to person.
However, the two faces caught my attention (innocent and seductive) - this is getting long, so I won't comment further.

Before the Bleeding Sun
OMG, I repeat OMG! It easily snatches my vote.
I agree the sun looks kinda like a fruit, I remeber the first time I saw this cover I thought "heh peach".
It would impress me if it were a photograph, digital and non-digital illustration all-in-one (though I wouldn't be surprised if it were).
It's simple, yet dramatic. I love it!
It's a shame I still can't find the words to comment further.

Children of the Dark Waters
I'm sad to say I'm not impressed, I've created a number of photo-manips with layers of people that form a trail; it wasn't difficult at all, so I guess that took the magic of this piece from me.
Nevertheless, this image contains (so far?) the best composition in terms of subject. The Rule of Thirds never fails :)

My two cents.

However, the two faces caught my attention (innocent and seductive)

To be honest, for me it doesn't make a difference so much, actually I realized it only a while ago (just when I looked at the cover very carefully) that one of the face stands for a virgin and the other one for whore :) maybe it's because that seductive face really looks innocent for me too ;)