Covers by Anathema

Mariner

all the way
Dec 30, 2001
Belgium
They often play a cover live.

I remember the following the 2nd time I saw them (Graspop 2000)
*Phantom of the Opera - Iron Maiden
* A Pink Floyd song, dont know which one
Last time on Eurorock last year
*Comfortably Numb - Pink Floyd (this one should be on the new album as a bonus track on the LE, it was really great, scarying (after the pin prick, the auwch!), superb, as good as the original. Because of this I started listening to PF, we (my band) cover it also (not that good, but hey...)

Does anyone remember other covers they played live?

live covers: Orion (Metallica), Territorial Pissings (Nirvana),I Turned Into a Martian (The Misfits), Nightmares by the Sea (Jeff Buckley) and Comfortably Numb (Pink Floyd) - directly from the official site's faq. and we all know the covers that appeared on the albums: Better Off Dead (bad religion), Goodbye Cruel World
(pink floyd), hope (roy harper), one of the few (pink floyd), read between the lies (slayer), welcome to hell (venom).

the first song we ever played live, even before we were called anathema was "march of the S.O.D" by S.O.D. early covers included inner self by sepultura, pull the plug by death, immortal rites by morbid angel (we fucked this one up!!) as well as other stuff. once we signed to peaceville the covers stopped a bit until welcome to hell. in addition to the ones mentioned above we have done "western lands" by ship of fools, "100 years" by masters of reality, i think we did "the blue garden" by them once or twice, "halloween" by the misfits, "a day in the life" by the beatles at an acoustic session, also "paranoid android" - radiohead, and loads more at different acoustic sessions.
:Smokin:

Originally posted by pagan2002
"western lands" by ship of fools

that's Les's previous band isn't it? i always wondered, what do they sound like? are they still going on?

peace,
mehdi

I saw Danny play, I guess, "Lilac Wine" from Jeff Buckley when there was an technical problem.
This was cool. And an instrumental with western guitars, I'd like to know what it was...

ah, forgot...
on one concert, you (Danny) played an medley from some of the acoustic songs from Anathema, only with one clean guitar, it was so cool. You should repeat this or release it somewhere.

Originally posted by pagan2002
the first song we ever played live, even before we were called anathema was "march of the S.O.D" by S.O.D. early covers included inner self by sepultura, pull the plug by death, immortal rites by morbid angel (we fucked this one up!!) as well as other stuff. once we signed to peaceville the covers stopped a bit until welcome to hell. in addition to the ones mentioned above we have done "western lands" by ship of fools, "100 years" by masters of reality, i think we did "the blue garden" by them once or twice, "halloween" by the misfits, "a day in the life" by the beatles at an acoustic session, also "paranoid android" - radiohead, and loads more at different acoustic sessions.
:Smokin:

yes, yes, i have your istanbul concert on bootleg, and that masters of reality cover is perfect. and what you said to the crowd is hilarious: "you probably dont know this song, but we'd like to play it cause we love it so much. we dont give a fuck if you dont like it, but im sure you'll like it afterwards..." :lol: :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by Unicorn
ah, forgot...
on one concert, you (Danny) played an medley from some of the acoustic songs from Anathema, only with one clean guitar, it was so cool. You should repeat this or release it somewhere.
great idea, i always like such things on gigs...:hotjump: