good songs, bad versions

rafael

wannabe
Jun 8, 2003
Oslo, Norway
Visit site
This is the thread to speak about good songs that are made bad, or bad versions.

As most people know by now, Anathema usually plays a Pink Floyd cover song on their gigs. The song is named "Comfortably Numb" and is on the Pink Floyd album "The Wall.
Just about 30 minutes ago I happened to hear that song (or at least) parts of it on the radio. Unfortunately it was a dance version of the song, with electronic instruments and wierd sounds. All I recognized was the lyrics, which at least where similar to the original song (as far as I know).

Is there anything else I should watch out for?

haha rafael i think you mean scissor sisters hahaha. yeah i like the band, but that cover is really really bad.

bad covers:

opera ix - "phantom of the opera": this is an insult to iron maiden.

trail of tears - "caffeine": such a great FNM song, but such a terrible cover from a terrible band. what was i waiting for?

i know that one. i even watched its video!!! don't get me started on that. :puke:

watch out for another techno-dance :ill: kinda cover of "california dreaming" that, very unfortunately i happened to hear a couple of days ago..
:yuk: :yuk: :yuk:

better not be surprised if some crazy band tries to sell a cheesy techno reprise of one last goodbye to our kids in the future.. :)

yeah, well i reckon every goddamn 80's song or older hits (it's not meant to be negative for the 80's, they were great) gets a dance clone these days. 't shows how creative the music scene works nowadays. Seems as if you can only make money when you run out of ideas.... :erk:

Don Corleone said:
haha rafael i think you mean scissor sisters hahaha. yeah i like the band, but that cover is really really bad.
No way. It's fucking ace. Pure disco fever.:Smokedev:

tori amos cover of "slayer - raining blood" :D anyway i'm a huge fan of hers and she makes the greatest covers! :headbang:

Yeah, I'm also a great fan of hers, but her covers can't get me excited, most of Strange Little Girls is boring for me. In fact, a good part of Scarlet's Walk is boring for me too, some songs at the beginning and at the end are good though, but she could well have cut the middle.

Scissor Sisters are great and their "Confortably Numb" has a great groove!!!!

Dhatura said:
Yeah, I'm also a great fan of hers, but her covers can't get me excited, most of Strange Little Girls is boring for me. In fact, a good part of Scarlet's Walk is boring for me too, some songs at the beginning and at the end are good though, but she could well have cut the middle.

you stink of pooh.

it's not a recent release but did you hear that something techno version of Let the sunshine in from Hair? That's kinda crap imo... cannot understand how can they just feel happy and dance along to THAT song... (me used to cry at the end of the film when I saw it first :( )
another huge piece of... that. it's not a newborn baby neither, I used to see it at those times when I had Viva2 (about 3-4 yrs ago), it was a cover of Take on me by A-ha, by some German band, Emil bulls or what. now that WAS discordant