Cowbell on the Cheap

Wheezer

Apr 18, 2005
Colorado
I was cleaning up some stuff the other day and listening to some Blue Oyster Cult since it was indeed the last day of May. I began hitting my leg with the tube that had held some paper towels in time with the music. It did kinda sound like a cowbell. If you're ever without a cowbell in a moment of need...

Hey man... cardboard has great acoustic properties! At work, a guy took a 6x9 car speaker, put it into a cardboard box, and hooked it up to a shitty little FM radio, and it sounded fantastic. Cardboard rules!

Hell...

....I'ma build a cardboard 4x12 guitar cabinet... where's my steak knife and duct tape?

Bryan316 said:
Hey man... cardboard has great acoustic properties! At work, a guy took a 6x9 car speaker, put it into a cardboard box, and hooked it up to a shitty little FM radio, and it sounded fantastic. Cardboard rules!

I worked at a joint that made huge power supplies. Part of the testing was to basically short the output and draw a two foot (or so) arc. It was possible to modulate the output with an external source, like a cd player. Long story short, it was like making a speaker out of a mini lightning bolt.

Bryan316 said:
Hell...

....I'ma build a cardboard 4x12 guitar cabinet... where's my steak knife and duct tape?

Duct tape -- the handyman's secret weapon.

Clearly I have too much time on my hands. Here's the def.

Meaning that one has been totally beaten or proved wrong by another person.

How the hell you pronounce it escapes me.