More info on the Jam...

<<< Does the happy dance :hotjump: :danceboy: and praises Glenn for making this happen :worship: :headbang: :worship:
Damn, this is going to be an amazing year. I'm really going to have to pace myself for this one.
<Considers taking DemonOfTheWoods' advice of taking off the Wednesday before PP to sleep all day and save up energy.>

New Kids....hehe. I'll admit to being just the right age that when they first hit the scene....I bought their album. Turns out bubble gum boy bands weren't my thing (who'd a thunk it). But a metal cover might actually be sorta funny/cool.

A guy on the first season of Rockstar (Marty?) did a Britney Spears cover that surprised me by being pretty good. So ya never know.

Is it October yet????

A guy on the first season of Rockstar (Marty?) did a Britney Spears cover that surprised me by being pretty good. So ya never know.

Marillion did a live cover of "Toxic" at the last convention... they will, IIRC, be releasing a cover version as a B-side on their next single. Believe it or not, it sounded pretty good. The guy who wrote (co-wrote?) it has worked with Bon jovi & Def Leppard in addition to the bubble-gum and boy bands.

That said, this has the makings of a fabulous time, or a complete tragedy. ;) Either way, I'm good. :lol:

Shaye

I gotta say I read the myspace bulletin first and when I read that Glenn wanted to play the cowbell it was instant :lol: as well as :kickass: and to mention :headbang: . I cant wait for this shit!! :worship: to the greatest festival ever!!

Glenn, I make a motion that you push up the date of the festival. Preferably to tomorrow!:lol: There is not enough heart medication in the world that can keep my heart from exploding waiting on pins and needles for October. I Just gotta see this! Fiance be damned!:kickass:

We should all learn from Eric Cartman. Lets freeze ourselves and then have a friend get us right before the fest.

No way! That is just one of those Spinal Tap moments that could do us all in, with our luck there'd be no way to unfreeze us and then we'd all miss the show!

I'm telling everyone now, take your vitamins, get lots of rest, eat healthy, wear comfortable shoes and be sure to have some caffeine and chocolate to keep yourself alert for the jam!

I'm telling everyone now, take your vitamins, get lots of rest, eat healthy, wear comfortable shoes and be sure to have some caffeine and chocolate to keep yourself alert for the jam!

And if you drink a lot of caffeine make sure to also drink a lot of water to prevent dehydration.

This will be so kick-ass!

I personally would love to see Queen "The Show Must Go On" done myself. If not that, than maybe King Crimson's "King of the Crimson Court" (I know Saxon does a bad-ass cover of that on thier Killing Fields album)

The honest truth is that Mattias has not turned in his song choice yet.

Hmmmm, if I were to venture a guess, I'd narrow it down to 3 possibilities, based on what he has done in the past:

1) A Kiss cover - he's a huge Kiss fan, and has covered Detroit Rock City officially, and Watching You unofficially. There's also a dl avaiable on the FK website of him doing a solo with a band called Electric Earth covering I Want You

2) An AC/DC song - They have ended severeal headline performances with Highway to Hell...

3) Frank Zappa - I really could see them doing one of FZ's less complicated tunes, such as My Guitar Wants to Kill You Momma...Fun tune that sounds great all "metal'ed" up.....

If you get Christer into the mix, all bets are off as he's a fan of a lot of different stuff from AC/DC to U2, to Rammstein.

Whatever they decide to do, I'm sure it will kick giant buckets of deep fried @ss! :headbang:

edit: spellin' errors!

At the moment, the set is comprised of 18 songs. That may stretch to 20 before it is over. All vocalist will participate except for Tony (SA) & David (VS) who both have early departures on Saturday. The running order will not be based on showcase/festival status, but on mixing up the song styles. Thus far, we have classic rock, pop, experimental/alternative, power/speed, hair, traditional, & that is from only 1/2 the vocalists. Anyone that leaves early is going to truly regret it after they see the setlist the next day.

Sounds awesome! Great news here from Glenn "Master of the Tease" Harveston. :lol: :headbang:

My crew will also unleash hell in the form of a single tune as well. Since I have so many musicians in my crew, you should probably expect a Lynard Skynard/Allman Brothers situation with five guitarists, three bassists, a few drummers, and whatever else they want to throw up there. If I can talk them into "Don't Fear the Reaper" then I'll handle the cowbell.

If I can talk Eric Bloom of BOC into coming down from NY, can you get him a ticket? :heh:

(I'm kidding, although he -does- return my emails within hours at most....... :) )