Cowboy Prostitutes-S/t

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
Cowboy Prostitutes-S/t

Retrospect Records 2005

www.retrospectrecords.com/

cow_pros_cover_icon.jpg

single_collage.jpg

I knew nothing about this band, hell I didn’t even know they existed! So when I read the press release hyping this record & the band, I thought to myself "yeah right." I couldn’t have more wrong. The first thing of course that grabs your attention is the name. What’s that all about?! The band is from Sweden, so maybe that’s an inside joke or something? No matter, this band literally knocked me on my ass, I could not believe what I was hearing. Is this the resurrection of rock in 2005? It sure sounds like it to me. This is unadulterated rock n’ roll at it’s best. CP implements everything that is rock n’ roll from it’s infancy to the present. CP boasts some prime riffage courtesy of Anders & Martin & they feature crushing power chords. And get this, CP feature solos in their music?! Soloing is a lost art. Now when’s the last time you heard a current band do that? Not to say that they are technical musicians. CP has more in common with bands like Hanoi Rocks, The New York Dolls & The Hellacopters, than a Dream Theater. They are old school in every way, from the number of tracks on the disc(10), to the length(of each track), there’s no excess & it’s not over done. Take note Nu Bands, it’s a simple formula, less really is more. This band is a real treat, I would highly recommend this to anyone that’s a fan of stripped down back to basics rock music.

SIXXSWINE-\m/

1.)Blood on Your Blade

2.)Make a Name for Yourself

3.)Wasted

4.)Joy

5.)Welcome Back

6.)The Damned

7.)Television

8.)Alive n’ Well

9.)Ghost of Venice

10.)Over the Top