CRADLE OF FILTH REISSUES

TribunalRecords

Record Label(s)/Vocalist
Sep 12, 2007
www.tribunalrecords.net
The End Records reissued the first two CoF albums and being nearly 20 years old I figured they would boost the mastering. Nope. What a f**king waste of a chance.

I don't get other labels sometimes.

Bummer. Century Media Records recently reissued a 3XCD version of Despair "History Of Hate", which I assume is all three of their albums in one go. But the word is, they're not remastered either.

I don't understand why some labels put all that money into an album (ie, cover art/licensing) but won't go a teeny bit further to remaster an already released album, in order to give fans something special for their money.

Some reissues I've bought actually don't even contain anything to decipher it from the original release. Megaforce Records immediately springs to mind, as well as the super 'shady' Prosthetic Records. The way they ruined those three Testament reissues, I'll never get over it. Remastered my ass!:fu:

The End Records reissued the first two CoF albums and being nearly 20 years old I figured they would boost the mastering. Nope. What a f**king waste of a chance.

I don't get other labels sometimes.

Maybe just to get easy money with a widespread low cost distribution... :confused:
In my case, I'm glad because I'll be able to get the first one for less than 10€.

Bummer. Century Media Records recently reissued a 3XCD version of Despair "History Of Hate", which I assume is all three of their albums in one go. But the word is, they're not remastered either.

I don't understand why some labels put all that money into an album (ie, cover art/licensing) but won't go a teeny bit further to remaster an already released album, in order to give fans something special for their money.

Some reissues I've bought actually don't even contain anything to decipher it from the original release. Megaforce Records immediately springs to mind, as well as the super 'shady' Prosthetic Records. The way they ruined those three Testament reissues, I'll never get over it. Remastered my ass!:fu:

What's happening? All these labels now decide to reiussue records I've been looking for years? :rofl:
That's good. Thanks for telling us about it, it's the only album I still have to buy. For one release, it's not a problem if it isn't remastered.

I am sure you are just joking but the first two albums are epic slabs of metal. "Principle..." made it into Decibel's Hall Of Fame, plus that record is so thrashy it's awesome. Plus "Nypmphetamine" is straight up SABBAT worship. I don't like all their stuff, but as far black metal goes I listen to them the most.

I wasn't aware they were hard to find these days I have never looked since I have my originals but picked these up on sale expecting updated masters but found out I was wrong.