Cradle of Filth

I´m not in to COF but how predictable can people be,really? The guy is interested in a band and wants to know which album to start with. How are you helping him in that matter by posting how much you think they suck?

I'm waiting on Damnation And a Day to come in but I'm sure I'll eventually get Dusk And Her Embrace, Midian, Bitter Suites, and Nymphetamine eventually.

Damnation and a Day never came in but I got refunded for it, so I'm thinking about getting Midian when I go to the mall Monday.

Principle of Evil Made Flesh is hands down their best. Especially for someone of your tastes (Darkthrone, Emperor etc).

I rather like Damnation and a Day actually.. it has my two fave COF songs on it: 'Hurt and Virtue' and 'Better to Reign in Hell'.

Midian is rather crap.

Principle of Evil Made Flesh is probably their least gothic album, with more of a traditional black metal leaning. So if you go for that one, keep that in mind.

I'd say Dusk and Her Embrace and Midian are both pretty solid.

Principle of Evil Made Flesh is hands down their best. Especially for someone of your tastes (Darkthrone, Emperor etc).

I rather like Damnation and a Day actually.. it has my two fave COF songs on it: 'Hurt and Virtue' and 'Better to Reign in Hell'.

Midian is rather crap.

For me Damnation and A Day is when Cradle started to go downhill, they signed to a major corporate Sony records.. a relationship that didn't last long. They also changed their writing style and ended up changing into a verse chorus verse chorus band. Paul the guitarist says though that on the next album, they are getting rid of the verse chorus verse chorus writing style, and going back to the Dusk sound which Im glad to hear. Midian is rather good, a good sequel to Cruelty.

I nominate:

Dusk and Her Embrace
Cruelty and the Beast
V Empire

I think Cradle lost a little something special with the departure of Nick Barker. I found their newer drumming boring, regardless of his ties to At The Gates.

For me Damnation and A Day is when Cradle started to go downhill, they signed to a major corporate Sony records.. a relationship that didn't last long. They also changed their writing style and ended up changing into a verse chorus verse chorus band. Paul the guitarist says though that on the next album, they are getting rid of the verse chorus verse chorus writing style, and going back to the Dusk sound which Im glad to hear. Midian is rather good, a good sequel to Cruelty.
Good, because Thornography is lacking in parts, it has good songs I heard(I Am The Thorn and Libertina Grimm) but too much rockish influence like on The Fetus of a New Day Kicking, I dont mind rockish influence when I enjoy it(Satyricon's Now, Diabolical of course, though that is more along the lines of Sludge riffing) but I didnt like Thornography's rock influence. Last time I checked the Cradle CD's at FYE, Principle wasnt there, just Dusk, Midian and the usual newer ones. I liked what I heard off Dusk too, the truth is Ill most likely get all the Cradle CD's except Thornography eventually.

I've gotten into the gothic metal band Cradle of Filth, liking mostly the newer stuff I've heard, I'm interested in getting Damnation And a Day, Midian, and Nymphetamine and would probbaly get DOAD out of the list but what Cradle of Filth CD's would yuo recommend me?

I'm VERY disappointed in you.

the fat chick singing back vocals disturbs me...
other then that, this band got some catchy stuff.
Dusk and her embrance and Midian is not so bad.
Nymphetamine is horrible, Thornography is just? Got some strange tracks like
"Temptation",it sounds like fucking genre mix between industrial,goth and disco.
But "dirge inferno" is allright...so check that song out.

Some COF songs are pretty good, been thinking of trying some more.

But eww, Dusk and Her Embrace? I listened to a couple of tracks on that album and the vocals are HORRIBLE.