Cranes

I saw a really big crane today, they are building this huge, uh, building in the middle of town. Cranes are cool, but I don't obsess about them. I only have one photo book full of pictures of various cranes I have seen.

yeh. and i certainly wouldnt go out of my way to see a bunch of cranes at a venue. I prefer them in their natural environment (building sites).

I saw this crane once and it was soo metal, in fact i find all cranes are metal as!! And it was really really heavy too, some powerful stuff. And boy, talk about rock stars getting all the good stuff, i mean these cranes were picking up for the whole show. My parents were listening to it and claimed it was just "noise" and i was so pissed, they just dont understand the music of the cranes.

:) :lol: ok ill stop now.

No ive never heard of this band 'cranes'

I am a HUGE Cranes fan. I've seen them several times, Allison is amazing, and the band are phenominal live. Very much worth seeing live, they are one of my top few all time best concert experiences. Seriously!

I actually have a lot of the older stuff... Wings of Joy (I think it's my fav), Forever, Self Non Self, Loved (and Population 4).

They seem to be underappreciated these days.

(Oyo, that's not quite what I was thinking of... but thanks. :) )

llamura, your opinion has proven valuable in the past, so of course I'm going to check out "Cranes" though I've never heard of them. I cliked on this thread b/c I was thinking "Sand-hill Cranes" My neighborhood is a bird sanctuary and I see them all the time. They sound like pterodactyls (the dinosaur birds, is that spelled right? Fuck! I hate when I'm not sure of a spelling) and are sensationally bombass. Tell more about this Cranes band if you can.....

Metal88, I'm not sure how wide your tastes range, so I don't know if the Cranes are really your thing. But I will try to describe them a little and you can judge for yourself.

I didn't like them at first because Allison's voice is very child-like, but it grew on me, and it has a spooky emotional quality to it that strikes deeply.

Their music is often dark and sad, often a favourite of goths - the old school ones, not the Marilyn Manson fans. It's not metal by any definition. They use a lot of acoustic guitar, and some of the songs have a dark folky sort of feel. But they also have a harder edged more aggressive sound as well.

Although so many of their songs are very dark, I find their music is soothing to listen to. If you're still interested in checking them out I'll recommend a few songs to look for.

(Thanks for the compliment about my opinion on music. :) )

Sounds good. Recommend me some dark Cranes songs to DL and sample.

And I was basing your opinion solely on Devin Townsend, who I listen to everyday since we last had that discussion

Well, I'll agree with dolphz on Shining Road, Starblood, Everywhere, and Jewel.
And then I'll add Reverie, Rainbows, Living & Breathing, Fuse and for an instrumental, One from the Slum.

(sorry, I couldn't narrow it down any more than that, and now I'm suffering from serious flashbacks because of all this Cranes listening) :p :)