Crap... almost forgot... Package Stores close by?

I remember someone saying you could get everything at Kroger grocery stores. I dunno if they sell alcohol in grocery stores down there or just beer though. We'll be trying to find/hit somelace (prolly Kroger so we can get some food too) when we get in Wed afternoon - before the karaoke - ehading out from the Res INn- if ya need a ride - lemme know - we can all get lost together :)

jeff

Mac's Liquor... right down the street from the Granada a few blocks. For those of you who are beer snobs, it might be your best bet.

:kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass:

hahahahhahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We went thru this last year!! Does this Mac's place sell hard licker?? Last year, the closest licker store to the venue was 2.5 miles!! SHIT!! We just stocked up on the way in!!

See everybody in a couple.

Chris :headbang:

by zeus yes, there's a k-rogers under a mile from the venue in a shopping center that also has a wolfgang puck express (Fri/Sat 11A–11P) and free parking... for those willing to make the small trek. and for those parking at the venue, a few big coolers in the trunk is another option. as a local, this is probably what i'll do... and i'll pack it as full as i can to share some friendly brew with ye' out-of-towners.

and for those interested...
http://www.wolfgangpuck.com/rest/expresses/atlanta.php

Mac's (which does sell hard liquor) is on W. Peachtree street (the same street that Center Stage and the Granada are on).

If you walk south from the venue or the Grenada on W. Peachtree street, Mac's will be on your right just after you cross 10th Street.

Mac's also happens to be right behind my office, so if I am ever having a really bad day at work... ;)

I see I should have hit this thread earlier. I am what you would call.....lazy, so I need to find the closest packie to the residence that I can (or find a lovely PP individual to give me a lift Wed afternoon to one).

eppst1 said:
Package store?

Excuse my ignorance, but at first I thought you were looking to ship something. I guess I never heard that saying before.

:kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass:

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We ASLO went thru this last year!! Evidently, there is a geographic difference names for liquor stores. In the Texas, any store that sells hard liquor is called a "package store". It's kinda like soft drinks - soda, pop - in Texas, it's all "Coke".

SavaVIDude said:
:kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass:

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We ASLO went thru this last year!! Evidently, there is a geographic difference names for liquor stores. In the Texas, any store that sells hard liquor is called a "package store". It's kinda like soft drinks - soda, pop - in Texas, it's all "Coke".

Same here

ReaLM said:
Mac's (which does sell hard liquor) is on W. Peachtree street (the same street that Center Stage and the Granada are on).

If you walk south from the venue or the Grenada on W. Peachtree street, Mac's will be on your right just after you cross 10th Street.

Mac's also happens to be right behind my office, so if I am ever having a really bad day at work... ;)

Mac's is pretty good from what I recall--nice selection.

'Course, I hauled my butt over to Woodstock yesterday for 4 cases of Strongbow... can't beat $6 a 6-pack! So I am set. :D

Shaye

Hell were taking a huge ass cooler in the back of our truck so we should be good for the 1st two days. :)

Remember....coolers save the day.

metalsped said:
I see I should have hit this thread earlier. I am what you would call.....lazy, so I need to find the closest packie to the residence that I can (or find a lovely PP individual to give me a lift Wed afternoon to one).

I'm pretty sure Mac's is the closest; however it is still a bit of a walk if you have to carry a lot of stuff. I could probably take a short break from work to drive some people there and back if some people really need a ride...

metalsped said:

We will be going to krogers first right after we drop off our shit at the res.

Will only have room for one guy tho. Or three ladies. Something like that.

Or we could just take orders and cash and bring back 50-60 6 packs...