"Still" not listed on major UK online stores?

Skunk Monk

New Metal Member
Apr 22, 2006
Kent, UK
www.metalmonk.co.uk
I'm not sure quite how it works with regards to "who" informs major online stores about the release of a cd - I would imagine that the responsibilty falls with the correct people at the said record company or distributor?

Well I'm only bringing this up as, rather concerningly, Wolverine's "Still" is yet to be listed on a large number of the major online stores here in the UK. These are stores that stock most, if not all of the UK releases from Candlelight - including the lesser know stuff (Daylight Dies etc). Most of the stuff is at least on the radar for pre-order a good couple of months before the release date, yet there is no sign of Still in a lot of places - whereas other albums due out on Candelight soon are already listed.

Obviously this might not be of importance, as I have no idea how these things work - but I thought I'd highlight it as I don't want you Wolverine boys losing out on well deserved sales if you dont have to!! :kickass:

These shops (who always have Candlelight stuff) have not got "Still" listed as an upcoming release:

www.blahdvd.com
www.play.com
www.hmv.co.uk
www.amazon.co.uk (they have it listed but only as an expensive import that is apparently only being released on the 11th of July)

Also independant record store www.alicerecords.com who pretty much stock every obscure cd in the metal genre don't have any mention of it.

Only two places I found have it listed:

Plastichead.com obviously - but I loathe to order anything from their site - as I have had nothing but grief everytime I've used them, no customer service, and they've ripped me off without sending goods.

The second place is rather oddly www.tesco.com - our local supermarket chain. They really do sell everything :lol:

(As an additional positive note, both Play.com and Blahdvd.com have "The Window Purpose" and "Cold Light of Monday" for about £8.00 each)

Anyways, thats my waffling done!!