DSLR Cameras and where to buy?

Virgil.

¯\(°_o)/¯
Jul 12, 2005
Seattle, WA
I'm looking at purchasing my first DSLR and not sure where the best place is to buy cameras from online. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm looking at purchasing the Canon T3i, and Amazon has a good price for a couple of different kits, but I'm thinking it might be cheaper to just buy the shell (camera only) and the lenses separately.

What are some good stores to order from? (that have a good reputation for returns, fast shipping, items not being broken, etc.)

Also, does anyone have any suggestions as to what the cheapest route would be for me to get this camera?

Amazon has a special to get the T3i + stock 18-55mm IS II lens for $741. For $849 I can get the same package, but it also includes a 75-300mm lens (non-IS). I tried to find the stock 18-55mm IS II lens separately, but whenever I look it up it just says "IS", and not "IS II", so I'm not sure if the same one I'm finding separately is the same mark II lens.

I'm a real photography newb and just barely getting into the world of DSLR. I'm pretty set on getting this camera, but just looking for suggestions as to how to not break the bank getting one. I only want to buy new, not used.

Thanks, in advance, for any suggestions.

(Sorry if this is the wrong sub-forum, please move as necessary.)

Honestly, if you're in the states then check Craigslist. I snagged a T2i for 600 with a 50mm 1.8, 28-135mm, and 55-250mm. I ended up selling the latter two lenses for 250 each. Ended up just paying for the 50mm lens and getting the camera for free in the end. Never know what you'll find on those selling forums!

It can be really easy to get duped into buying grey market photo equipment online.. don't trust the cheapest price and only buy from reputable dealers.. the best have already been mentioned.

Amazon, B&H, Adorama.

Canon is very easy to use. Affordable price range would be the Rebel series so T2i (which I own), T3i and now they have the T4i coming or is it out already? Anyways the kit lense is ok but I'd spend about 1000€ for a better lense and that'll make the camera a whole lot better. If you don't have the money then just use the kit lense since it's okay.