Where to buy plugins ?

LeSedna

Mat or Mateo
Jan 20, 2008
Montpellier, France
Hello

I'm redefining my setup, since I got a new PC which opens me some horizons (no need for DSP cards like the duende I had) and I'm looking forward to buy new plugins. I remember a long time ago finding a website who sells plugins for a discounted price because they buy big amount of licenses from the plugin developpers for less than the usual price, like the waves/sonnox/avid ones etc. Do you remember it ? I remember there had no price shown but just "contact us" since it all depends on their stocks.

Anyway, I'm interested to know if you have tips on where to buy plugin licenses for a cheap price.

For instance, I'd be interested to know where you americans go to search used softwares. I always search in the local big website because I have been used to it for guitar gear, but since a plugin or a soft is immaterial, I'm not limited by geography, and I don't mind if a soft is in english.

Thanks

And how cheap can it go ? I'm curious, since I'm interested in going back to waves for the SSL (i had duende but now it's useless with a more powerful PC), and I'm interested in the API or CLA compressors bundles...

Yeah seems he follows the current waves deal, which means you have a discount over a discount. I think I'm gonna take the CLA compressors, for this price it is ridiculous.

I guess you would have to email him cause he would give you the paypal account he wants you to send money to. And to be sure.

He told me :

(waves)
SSL : $379
CLA : $309
API : $379
these waves price are limited because of the current waves special.

interesting too : Ozone 4 : $179. I mean, here in france it's listed at 222€ everywhere.

I think that a lot of plugins can be bought directly from developers web with great prices and promos.

Fuuu paypal is pissing me off. It either says "You cannot use this card" or "Your bank does not accept the transaction."

But I do have enough money (I just checked) and there shouldn't be any problems with maximum weekly amounts. Although, it seems the paypal website has problems, it loads 1/10 of the time.

Does this often happens ?