Crazy ass people!

entropywins

May 6, 2009
Everyone is a little crazy. A fact that I think we can all admit to but sometimes you come across some real nut jobs (I amawre I'm stating the obvious but I digress). This is nowhere near on the level as the tragedy in Norway but I just had to mention it
I was on Amazon checking out some music and I see that some vendor on Amazon Marketplace is listing the new Communic CD for 1,977.78

That's either a HUGE typo or they really are f'in crazy.
I hope to whatever deity may exist out there that no one would pay this.

For $1,977.78 I'm fairly certain I could get the band to come over to my house and perform it live for me.

(BTW - was that Zane up to his old tricks again?)

I remember once someone bought Razor's "Evil Invaders" CD used off eBay for $300 (I had recently gotten the original vinyl, mint, used for a measly $5). Granted, whoever bought it probably lived in an area with fewer music stores than I did, so I'm sure it seemed worth the price to them, simple supply & demand I guess. Undoubtedly there are crazier stories.
But yeah, that's gotta be a typo- I'm seen similar insanity from multiple Amazon Marketplace sellers. It's rare, but when it happens you just gotta laugh. Or maybe these listings are automated somehow and it's a glitch.

I wouldn't put it past Zane to do something like that. The seller was listed as being in the UK so maybe's trying to throw people off the trail.:err:

I remember once someone bought Razor's "Evil Invaders" CD used off eBay for $300 (I had recently gotten the original vinyl, mint, used for a measly $5). Granted, whoever bought it probably lived in an area with fewer music stores than I did, so I'm sure it seemed worth the price to them, simple supply & demand I guess. Undoubtedly there are crazier stories.
But yeah, that's gotta be a typo- I'm seen similar insanity from multiple Amazon Marketplace sellers. It's rare, but when it happens you just gotta laugh. Or maybe these listings are automated somehow and it's a glitch.

Maybe it is a glitch.

Remember the bullworker? They were listed for a while at 1000$ :dopey: I don't think they were in stock.

In about a month they dropped to 70$ in stock. :)

They were asking like $500 for PT's Recordings before he finally reissued it. Hope they are enjoying those first pressings

I know that sometimes 3rd party sellers will raise the price to some ridiculous amount when they run out of stock. I guess it is easier to just change the price than to remove the item and have to repost it later.

Maybe this guy is just making a placeholder for the new CD, but that seems like an odd number.

Speaking of which, there's a Steven Wilson/PT guitar pick right now on Ebay from the Arriving Somewhere tour...$1500. Yes, and gives an explanation about it.