Crazy guitar Effect

6guitar6danny6

Dave Murray is God
Oct 17, 2004
Wilmington,CA
hey i was wonderin if u guys can help me figure out how alexi duz this effect in the solo for Kissing the Shadows (kick ass song btw)....it sounds like if he was playin wit the whammy bar very hard but it kinda sounds garbled like if it was underwater....it happens like arond 3:28-3:29....thanks

just pull up on the bar and let it fall back ino place, ill post a soundclip later

This probably isn't worth saying (that's why I havn't started a thread) but there's a tiny thing about CoB in this month's Guitarist magazine, they're just in a list of shredders or something.

@bobvex

The best way to get this affect is to have the whammy bar tightened enough so that it will stay where you put it fairly well... turn the bar so it's pointing in towards the neck.. and "pluck" the bar hard but very quickly (i.e. don't pull the whammy bar more than a centimeter up) and release the bar as fast as possible.

gkelter said:
@bobvex

The best way to get this affect is to have the whammy bar tightened enough so that it will stay where you put it fairly well... turn the bar so it's pointing in towards the neck.. and "pluck" the bar hard but very quickly (i.e. don't pull the whammy bar more than a centimeter up) and release the bar as fast as possible.
yep, thats how i do it, i make an "O" with my index finger and thumb, and i put it around the bar, and just pull up, and let it slip through the opening in my fingers.ill make a video of it later, after i move my computer to my house.

Haha.. i wasn't trying to say you explained it wrong.. i was just trying to be more specific because i could imagine people trying to do it and not knowing what the fuck you were saying :cool:

I tighten up the bar as said and smack it with my hand until it makes said noise!

I turn my bar backwards and push real quick so that it snaps back up. Much more showy than just pulling it upwards. Not that I do it like that to be showy that's just how I was taught.

gkelter said:
@bobvex

what do u mean by pulling the bar up, shouldnt we push it down?

Ah yea... that would help. I figured you guys would realize a fully floating tremolo would be required.. being that I said you need to turn the bar backwards and pull it up! :p