Alexi's Weird Tremelo Noise

3SP-0WN5 said:
lol i learned that allready but the rest of people were talkin bout hitting the harmonic so i figured they were talking about what he did in that video i posted @ 0:20
naw not those everyone knows how to do those, look at the link i posted earlier and that is what the current discussion is on.

to warheart, yeah by flick I mean when I flick the open string before the harmonic. Other artists like on recordings and shit you cant hear it, you just hear the actual "squeal" itself, but when I do it, theres always that little bit of flick

Follow the Roope-R said:
to warheart, yeah by flick I mean when I flick the open string before the harmonic. Other artists like on recordings and shit you cant hear it, you just hear the actual "squeal" itself, but when I do it, theres always that little bit of flick

Then you need to put your finger on the string before you pick it.

There is not standard way, it's just Dimebag's preferred way. I'm not sure what Alexi does but he gets 2/3 strings sometimes and I always pick to get that, it's so much easier, at least for me.

If you don't want to pick, then I can't really help you because I haven't practised the other way.

<-Warheart-> said:
There is not standard way, it's just Dimebag's preferred way. I'm not sure what Alexi does but he gets 2/3 strings sometimes and I always pick to get that, it's so much easier, at least for me.

If you don't want to pick, then I can't really help you because I haven't practised the other way.

Oh ok. Yeah i guess he does both cuz I watched a video somewhere in this thread of him at Tuska doing everytime i die, and it looked like he picked it. then again, I think he flicks to cuz if you listen to the end of the hate me solo, it sounds like a fucked up a flick one and just barely caught the harmonic

Well don't forget it's possible to miss a harmonic while using either technique, it's all about where you hit the string so he could use the pick and just missed the string, but who knows.