Create a Maiden Set

Stonewall

Lust for Freedom
Jan 7, 2002
Bendigo
Pretty sure this has been done on here before, but reading the Maiden England thread inspired me to put together a set I would love to see.

Now that many of us have had the chance to see Maiden a few times, there might be a few songs that were once must haves no longer needing to be on the list.

I left a few favs off to make room for other songs. Likewise the first two albums and the two Blaze albums I'm not very familiar with at all, so didn't include them. Obviously my bias is towards newer material, cos it's awesome!

My final list is too long, play time almost 2 hours, but I was just aiming for 17-18 songs and couldn't decide where to cut next. The order is only rough, was too much to get my head around doing properly tonight.

Here it is:

Ghost of the Navigator
Where Eagles Dare
The Fallen Angel
The Clairvoyant
Mother of Mercy
Blood Brothers
Brighter Than a Thousand Suns
Wasted Years
Brave New World
Paschendale
Mother Russia
Age of Innocence
The Longest Day
Face in the Sand
Infinite Dreams

Encore

Dance of Death
Judas Be My Guide
Lord of Light

Would be interested to read what other people might come up with. Just do it for yourself, rather than trying to do a crowd pleasing set.

Only yesterday I gave my 2¢ as to what the 2013 Maiden Englad set list should be in This Thread. My favourite Maiden Album would either be 7th Son of a 7th Son or Powerslave, but I'd say the former is narrowly my favourite so the following set list is for myself not just because it would make sense to have it as the 2013 set list for Maiden England.

I said in the other thread that I'm somewhat indecisive as to what my ideal set list would be and already I've changed my mind he he. Yesterday I had The Sign of the Cross and Caught Somewhere In Time, both of them brilliant songs! Well, since then I've already replaced them with Die With Your Boots on and Hallowed Be Thy Name.

Anyhow here goes:

01. Moonchild
02. Can I Play With Madness
03. The Prisoner
04. Infinite Dreams (first time since 88)
05. The Number Of The Beast
06. The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner (first time since being played only once in 86)
07. The Trooper
08. Still Life (first time since 88 I think)
09. 2 Minutes To Midnight
10. Die With Your Boots On
11. Run To The Hills
12. Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
13. Hallowed Be Thy Name
14. Fear Of The Dark

Encore:

15. Killers
16. The Evil That Men Do
17. Iron Maiden

This set list would be a dream come true if it was played in Melbourne and it's realistic (realistic in my opinion at least)...UP THE IRONS!

(intro tape) The Ides of March
1 Caught Somewhere In Time
2 Ghost of the Navigator
3 Revelations
4 Killers
5 Public Enema Number One
6 Brighter Than a Thousand Suns
7 Children of the Damned
8 From Here To Eternity
9 No More Lies
10 The Edge of Darkness
11 Brave New World
12 Rainmaker
13 The Evil That Men Do
14 Lord Of Light
15 Paschendale
16 Drifter

encore 1
17 Phantom of the Opera
18 Journeyman

encore 2
19 Wasted Years
20 Only The Good Die Young

I like the idea of doing this again, as you are right, the fact I have seen Maiden a lot now over multiple tours means that my priorities have changes. There is a lot of songs I absolutely love that I left of this set because I have seen them play it at least once already (though admittedly there is a couple there I have seen live that I want to see again as well). I would have liked more from Dance of Death and A Matter of Life and Death as well, but ran out of space! Wasn't sure whether or not to include Blaze songs or not, so just picked the once favourite to represent the era (and it would be cool to hear Bruce on it as well). Also would have liked more from No Prayer and Fear of the Dark....and Somewhere in Time! Argh! HARD!

OK, here goes. I've included some songs which will never be played live, but which I love and adore. Might make a playlist and see how it all sounds together, and then edit this post accordingly. Also, I think this might be a bit short.

Prowler
Wildest Dreams
Rainmaker
Wasted Years
Futureal
The Trooper
For the Greater Good of God
Hooks in You
The Evil That Men Do
The Thin Line Between Love and Hate
Judas Be My Guide
Fear of the Dark
Iron Maiden

Encore
The Unbeliever
22 Acacia Avenue
Hallowed Be Thy Name

Here's another could be Maiden England 2013 setlist:

01. Moonchild
02. Can I Play With Madness
03. The Prisoner
04. Infinite Dreams (first time since 1988)
05. The Number Of The Beast
06. No Prayer for the Dying (first time since 1991)
07. The Trooper
08. Still Life (first time since 1988 I think)
09. 2 Minutes To Midnight
10. Sea of Madness (first time since 1987)
11. Run To The Hills
12. Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
13. The Clairvoyant
14. Fear Of The Dark

Encore:

15. Hallowed Be Thy Name
16. The Evil That Men Do
17. Iron Maiden

Like the 2012 set list, there's another 90s song apart from Fear of the Dark. Although I like Afraid to Shoot Strangers, I think that should be dropped and replaced with either No Prayer for the Dying, The Sign of the Cross or The Clansman.

In my previous list, I had dropped The Clairvoyant and replaced with Infinite Dreams, but I'm now thinking they should play all 6 (of 8) of the 7th son songs that they played during the original 7th tour of a 7th tour.

Hallowed by thy name could be dropped in favour of Killers (which would still mean that 3 Number of the Beast songs get played as in 2012). As much as I love Wasted Years, I think it would be epic if they played either Caught Somewhere in Time or Sea of Madness since neither have been played since 87.

I've decided since the first Maiden England 2013 date (so far) will be in Portugal on 29 May 2013 (which will come quickly), I think it's time that a separate thread be created so here it is: http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/...maiden-england-2013-set-list-speculation.html