Maiden England 2013 Set List Speculation

bozza

Jun 25, 2012
01. Moonchild
02. Can I Play With Madness
03. The Prisoner
04. Infinite Dreams (first time since 1988)
05. The Number Of The Beast
06. No Prayer for the Dying (first time since 1991)
07. The Trooper
08. Still Life (first time since 1988 I think)
09. 2 Minutes To Midnight
10. Sea of Madness (first time since 1987)
11. Run To The Hills
12. Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
13. The Clairvoyant
14. Fear Of The Dark

Encore:

15. Hallowed Be Thy Name
16. The Evil That Men Do
17. Iron Maiden

Like the 2012 set list, there's another 90s song apart from Fear of the Dark. Although I like Afraid to Shoot Strangers, I think that should be dropped and replaced with either No Prayer for the Dying, The Sign of the Cross or The Clansman.

In my previous list, I had dropped The Clairvoyant and replaced with Infinite Dreams, but I'm now thinking they should play all 6 (of 8) of the 7th son songs that they played during the original 7th tour of a 7th tour.

Hallowed by thy name could be dropped in favour of Killers (which would still mean that 3 Number of the Beast songs get played as in 2012). As much as I love Wasted Years, I think it would be epic if they played either Caught Somewhere in Time or Sea of Madness since neither have been played since 87.

I think the setlist will be pretty much identical to what it was last year. Still gobsmacked that they dropped Hallowed Be Thy Name - given the number of festivals they're doing in 2013 they might bring it back.

I could realistically see them 6 times next year but instead I'm seeing Rush and KISS twice each in Europe. I don't really regret it to be honest, but if the option was there before I booked everything I probably would have swapped KISS for Maiden. Probably wouldn't have gone to the two Sonisphere shows though.

Since posting the above, I've noticed upon looking back on Iron Maiden's tour history that their title song "Iron Maiden" is always at the end of their main set list and not their encores. I imagine that won't change and as such, here's a revamped set list:

01. Moonchild
02. Can I Play With Madness
03. Total Eclipse (first time since 1982, they can have a backdrop of Clive Burr reading, REST IN PEACE CLIVE BURR 1956 - 2013)
04. Infinite Dreams (first time since 1988)
05. The Number Of The Beast
06. Sign of the Cross (first time since 2001)
07. The Trooper
08. Still Life (first time since 1988 I think)
09. Sea of Madness (first time since 1987)
10. Run To The Hills
11. Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
12. The Clairvoyant
13. Fear Of The Dark
14. Iron Maiden

Encore:

15. 2 Minutes To Midnight
16. The Evil That Men Do
17. Hallowed Be Thy Name

The Sign of the Cross could be replaced with any of my other suggested 90's songs and still be kick arse:D:D

At the very latest this weekend, possibly as early as tomorrow night (28th of May Melbourne time) I’ll search YouTube to see if I can find videos of the first three shows in Spain and Portugal.

Sea of Madness in my above set list was more wishful thinking. Although It’s almost certain they will be the one Somewhere In Time song like 2012 it will likely be Wasted Years again or changed to Heaven Can Wait.

Although I’m still hopeful they’ll have Infinite Dreams hence play 6 of 8 7th son songs like they did on the original 7th tour, I won’t be surprised if that’s missing. Maybe they either put Infinite Dreams in the too hard basket for this day and age or they simply thought “Five out of six of the seven son songs we played on the original tour, yeah that’s close enough”.

Still I’ll wait and see in anticipation. I’ll be delighted if there’s a rock & metal news update on You Tube before I even see fan-recorded footage and Infinite Dreams is in the set list!

The opening date is set at the 27th of May and so far the last date for Maiden England 2013 is 2nd of October in Chile. Although it’s possible they’ll announce extra dates during the tour which could include Australia, I’m beginning to wonder this close to it kicking off, if it will only be Europe, America and Latin America and then that’s it after 2 October, in which case we may have to wait for the 16th album tour to see them Aus again (assuming a 16th album is in the pipeline).

It's only 8:47am Melbourne time and already I find this on YouTube:

Assuming it's genuinely from the Bilbao Exhibition Centre in Spain and not someone reusing 2012 North American footage from last year and falsely claiming it's from the 2013 tour, they must have literally uploaded it straight from their mobile phone. If my memory of European time zones is correct, they'd have to be at least 14 hours behind AEST.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't been here for a while.

Saw Maiden on Saturday night at Donington. Great show, especially the Spitfire.

The setlist was the same as 2012.

Yep, it was. Donington is next to an airport so you see planes take off all weekend. Then a smaller one flew over from a different direction and caught everyone's attention, three or four times, really low. It was great.

Seeing them at Donington would have been awesome, were you able to get close to the front barrier Spiff? Unless they change the set list before their South American tour, it doesn't look like they'll ever play Infinite Dreams though. Having said that, the absence of ID is probably the only downside of what is otherwise an epic set list!

One thing I'm curious to know, has Bruce or any of Maiden's management actually confirmed that the 2 October Santiago date is definitively the final Maiden England gig?

By the by, the lineup for the Vans Warped Tour (first Aus VWT since 1998 I think) is going to be announced tomorrow.

Although its a long shot, for what its worth I made this post --> https://www.facebook.com/WarpedAU/posts/369572566497966?comment_id=1798614&offset=0&total_comments=1 to the wall of the VWT official page.

Unlikely that Iron Maiden would be headlining for the reason I already mentioned in the FB post (that & last I heard the previous VWT page said tickets would be roughly $70. They'd be $150 bare minimum with Maiden as a headliner), but the fact VWT didn't blatantly say "No, Iron Maiden will not be part of the lineup" means I haven't lost hope completely.

Still, all will be revealed tomorrow. VWT's haven't had much in the way of old school heavy metal, they've mainly had bands of punk rock and nu-metal, the latter as you would gather from my FB post, I'm a fan of :headbang:(Yep I'm an unashamed fan of Limp Bizkit, not just Iron Maiden)!

Newish yes, I'd been a fan of 2 Minutes to Midnight and a couple of other songs in the early 2000's but it was in the lead up to SW11 that I gave almost every album a listen and have been a big fan (and proper fan) ever since (and now have all their albums). Yes, I do realise that there was a 15-and-a-bit year touring drought for the Irons down under between the Fear of the Dark Tour and Somewhere Back in Time Tour and if I’m not mistaken the latter along with the Final Frontier tour have been the only two back to back tours where Maiden have come to Aus, so yeah I do realise Iron Maiden coming to Aus for the third tour in a row is pushing it, but one can only hope! If not, a 2014 tour for their 16th album, provided the set list comprises of a decent amount of 80s material would still be sweet :)