Maiden England 2014 set list speculation - Yep it's really changing this year!

bozza

Jun 25, 2012
It may not include Infinite Dreams. In fact it might well only include 3 or 4 7th son songs (unlike 12/13 which had 5) to make way for songs played in the early days & somewhere back in time tours, but here's a never the less possible set list for this year.

01. Moonchild
02. Infinite Dreams (first time since 88)
03. Still Life (first time since 88)
04. Die With Your Boots On
05. The Number Of The Beast
06. Heaven Can Wait
07. Wasted Years
08. The Trooper
09. Can I Play With Madness
10. Killers (first time since 99)
11. Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
12. Powerslave
13. Fear Of The Dark
14. Iron Maiden

Encore:

15. The Evil That Men Do
16. Hallowed Be Thy Name
17. Run To The Hills

That set list still keeps it at 5 7th son songs (only it replaces The Clairvoyant with Infinite Dreams), adds some dribs & drabs from the other two history tours and 15 of 17 songs were played on the original 7th tour (FOTD & Powerslave being the odd 2 out) and 14 of 17 songs on the original Maiden England 88 video (odd 3 out being Trooper, FOTD & Powerslave).

The 2014 tour could well be Europe only (as Smallwood suggested) however, AJ Maddah has given some hints:

12653176673_033281cbcf_o.jpg

I'm looking forward to the Melbourne Soundwave Festival, even though some bands (including Megadeth who I was really looking forward to seeing) have dicked AJ around and cancelled on him.

If AJ either does succeed (or in the off chance has succeeded, but is deliberately waiting for the SW14 hype to be done and dusted before he makes it official), we won't get the official word until at least 4 March (day after Perth SW). Never the less, Maiden England 14 could well end up being Europe only.

Here’s two versions of my set list speculation (which I posted on Maiden Revelations, a mouthful I know!) and it could well be wishful thinking since Seventh Son of a Seventh Son is my favourite album, my first set list still has five 7th son songs like 2012/13 only replaces The Clairvoyant with Infinite Dreams (though I realise it’s likely it may be cut back to around 3 7th son songs to leave room for more Eddie Rips Up The World and SBIT era songs):

01. Moonchild
02. Infinite Dreams (first time since 88)
03. Still Life (first time since 88)
04. Die With Your Boots On
05. Can I Play With Madness
06. The Trooper
07. The Number Of The Beast
08. Heaven Can Wait
09. Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
10. Powerslave
11. The Evil That Men Do
12. Hallowed Be Thy Name
13. Fear Of The Dark
14. Iron Maiden

Encore:

15. Killers (first time since 99)
16. Run To The Hills
17. Sanctuary

With those exact songs in the above, be it in that exact order or a different order, would be awesome and it would mean that every song from the original Maiden England 88 video that was omitted in the 2012/13 set list would be included in the 2014 set list.

Not only are Die With Your Boots on and Sanctuary relevant to the first history tour, but many fans who have seen the 2005 tour live or on YouTube would have thought “The first history tour should have had Killers and Still Life” so that would make up for that. It’s a no brainer that Heaven Can Wait and Powerslave bring back elements of SBIT.

Here’s my 2nd set list. This one is a long shot because it would mean playing 7th son of a 7th son in it’s entirety. For me and other SSoaSS fans that would be epic, but others expecting a balance of songs across the three history tours might not like it:

1. Moonchild
2. Infinite Dreams (first time since 88)
3. Can I Play With Madness
4. The Evil That Men Do
5. Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
6. The Prophecy (first time EVER)
7. The Clairvoyant
8. Only The Good Die Young (first time EVER)
9. Heaven Can Wait
10. The Trooper
11. Still Life (first time since 88)
12. Die With Your Boots On
13. Fear Of The Dark
14. Iron Maiden

Encore

15. Powerslave
16. Killers (first time since 99)
17. Hallowed Be Thy Name

It’s a big long shot, not only because their 1980 debut album and their 2006 leg of A Matter of Life and Death tours are the only tours to date where they’ve played an entire album, but it would also Maiden going back and playing two 7th son songs that weren’t played on the original 1988 tour. Then again, no one thought Metallica would go back and play a song that wasn’t on the original album tour and in more recent times they have.

With the exception of Sanctuary, this set list still has every Maiden England 88 song not played in 2012/13

Regardless of whether the set list is anything like either of my predictions, I still reckon there’s a high chance of Powerslave being included and that the walk on bandaged Eddie will appear during Powerslave (instead of Custer Eddie appearing during run to the Hills).

A few changes:

Moonchild
Can I Play with Madness
The Prisoner
2 Minutes to Midnight
Revelations
The Trooper
The Number of the Beast
Phantom of the Opera
Run to the Hills
Wasted Years
Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
Wrathchild
Fear of the Dark
Iron Maiden

Aces High
The Evil That Men Do
Sanctuary

I saw them at Donington last year and was toying with seeing them at Copenhell in a couple of weeks after Sweden Rock Festival but decided against it.

Oh yeah, I'm doing Sweden Rock next week and a Download again the week after. Currently en route to Helsinki.

Jealous of Download, been digging some Aerosmith this week! I decided on Pinkpop in The Netherlands for my festival of choice this year though mainly for The Rolling Stones and a good solid line up, with hopefully better weather! Next weekend! Also hitting British Summertime Fest in Hyde Park in July, awesome lineup for a one day fest, with Sabbath, Motorhead, Faith No More, Soundgarden, and Wolfmother. Sick.

This will be my last time in Europe for a few years. I wish I had done Sweden Rock last year but I left it too late to organise properly.

Flying to Copenhagen tomorrow to get to Sweden Rock. Trains from Copenhagen to Malmö are on strike which will make things interesting. Not in a hurry because I only really want to see Queensrÿche and Paul Di'Anno vs Blaze Bayley on day 1.

Yeah, the festivals were good. I loved the whole vibe of Sweden Rock and how relaxed it was compared to Download. Saw the following:

SWEDEN ROCK
Paul Di'Anno vs Blaze Bayley
Queensryche
Pretty Maids
Transatlantic
Black Stone Cherry
Tesla
Talisman
Electric Boys
Annihilator
Heaven's Basement
Night Flight Orchestra
Sodom
Pain of Salvation

DOWNLOAD
The Amity Affliction
The Temperance Movement
Rival Sons
Flogging Molly
Bad Religion
The Offspring
Twenty One Pilots
Skid Row
Orange Goblin
Monster Magnet
The Wildhearts
Twisted Sister
Status Quo
Winger
Buckcherry
Richie Sambora
Joe Bonamassa
Volbeat
Steel Panther

Definitely the last time I go to Europe for a few years. It's been fun.

How was Transatlantic?
Was that the set where they had Daniel Gildenlow and Ted Lenard performing with them for the whole show?

Transatlantic are the biggest band on my 'Have to see before I die' list.
So jealous.

How was Transatlantic?
Was that the set where they had Daniel Gildenlow and Ted Lenard performing with them for the whole show?

Transatlantic are the biggest band on my 'Have to see before I die' list.
So jealous.

Yeah, I had no idea Ted Leonard was in the band - I've been out of the Transatlantic loop for years now, probably since their Live in Europe DVD or whatever it's called. I'm a massive Enchant fan so I was very excited when it turned out he was in the band now.

Gildenlow came on stage to sing a bit during the first song and then joined Ted for the rest of the set. A great show. I was standing on Portnoy's side.

Sounds great.
Ted is not a member of the band...
Gildenlow has been a touring member of the band for years though and sang a part in one of the songs on the new album (the song INTO THE BLUE from the album KALEIDOSCOPE).
He was hospitalised with a flesh eating bacteria just before the KALEIDOSCOPE tour kicked off though and was unable to play any of the shows so they got Ted Lenard to fill in for him.
Leonard was in Enchant as you say, but he has now joined Spock's Beard as a full time member and they released the fantastic album BRIEF NOCTURNES AND DREAMLESS SLEEP which is one of the finest albums in the SB catalogue I think!