Maiden England tour setlist

Spiff

I have the power
Apr 14, 2001
Brisbane, Australia
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=175780

I really hope I get the chance to see this.

Most notable omission: Hallowed Be Thy Name. Has that ever happened since they recorded it?

01. Moonchild
02. Can I Play With Madness
03. The Prisoner (performed for first time since September 21, 1991)
04. 2 Minutes To Midnight
05. Afraid To Shoot Strangers (performed for first time since December 12, 1998)
06. The Trooper
07. The Number Of The Beast
08. Phantom Of The Opera
09. Run To The Hills
10. Wasted Years
11. Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son (performed for first time since December 12, 1988)
12. The Clairvoyant
13. Fear Of The Dark
14. Iron Maiden

Encore:

15. Aces High
16. The Evil That Men Do
17. Running Free

Yep, they've been doing this for a few years now. That's always been the plan. I get the feeling this will be the last greatest hits tour though, at least themed around a certain era of the band anyway - can't see them doing one for the 90s stuff.

If/when they bring Maiden England down under and they alter the set list for 2013, here's what I think it should be.

I may very well change my mind about my ideal set list. Following what Spiff said in the Maiden England DVD thread, Alexander The Great probably is out of the question so I put in The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner. Although even that song was only ever played live once, so if that one's out of the question they could play Stranger in a Strange Land (first time since 99) instead.

I also thought Sign of the Cross would be good instead of Afraid to Shoot Strangers. Having said that, it would be fine to have another 80s classic in its place and leave Fear of the Dark as the sole 90s song.

01. Moonchild
02. Can I Play With Madness
03. The Prisoner
04. Still Life (first time since 88 I think)
05. Infinite Dreams (first time since 88)
06. The Sign of the Cross (first time since 2001)
07. Caught Somewhere In Time (first time since 87)
08. The Trooper
09. The Number Of The Beast
10. 2 Minutes To Midnight
11. Run To The Hills
12. Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
13. The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner (first time since being played only once in 86)
14. Fear Of The Dark

Encore:

15. Killers
16. The Evil That Men Do
17. Iron Maiden