Maiden England set list

Traxan

Mar 10, 2012
01. Moonchild
02. Can I Play With Madness
03. The Prisoner (performed for first time since September 21, 1991)
04. 2 Minutes To Midnight
05. Afraid To Shoot Strangers (performed for first time since December 12, 1998)
06. The Trooper
07. The Number Of The Beast
08. Phantom Of The Opera
09. Run To The Hills
10. Wasted Years
11. Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son (performed for first time since December 12, 1988)
12. The Clairvoyant
13. Fear Of The Dark
14. Iron Maiden

Encore:

15. Aces High
16. The Evil That Men Do
17. Running Free

Not too bad at all. There are a few songs that I would prefer to be switched out, but I'm not complaining. Can't wait to see them 8/3 at the Shoreline Amphitheatre!

Nice setlist! I like that they added some old classic songs they haven't played in a while (Prisoner and 7th) while adding another that I don't really call classic but nonetheless a bitchen song. Like everybody else, I'd swap out a few others for different songs too, but I'm not board with any of those songs and I'd walk away a happy camper hearing all that, especially the Prisoner, that is just one bad ass song!

Thanks for the post Traxan!

We will be seeing these ladies on July 28th just two nights before seeing Maiden about 100 miles away. It would be great if the ladies could prerview the playlist we are to see two nights later... it is a pretty awesome playlist.... wouldnt hurt my feelings to hear it done twice.

I predicted they would bring back 7th Son. Now for the girls to bring it back. Just use the keyboard part as pre recorded. Or just leave the keyboards out. Nobody will care. Just play it.

Afraid to Shoot Strangers? Really? You couldn't have just put something else they haven't done in a while there? Is there 1 fan in the world that when asked, "What do you hope Maiden plays this tour?" and they answer, "Oh man Afraid to Shoot Strangers all the way.Yeah totally!"

Running Free is a total sleeper. Sounds like a Kiss song to me. Hallowed be They Name should be there. Bad way to end the show.

I don't love when Bruce does the songs that aren't his songs. Phantom of the Opera is great but it's just not a Bruce song. Iron Maiden, another sleeper.

And when you put Aces High in the encore, I will start thinking the show is starting so I'll expect another 2 hours. I'll be pretty bummed when that signals only 2 more songs.

The Trooper and Number of the Beast I guess will never go away so we'll just have to deal. I mean. there comes a time where certain songs just became outdated over time. Singing about 666 and The Beast is just so cheesy early 80s rebellion, that it's quite embarrassing when the whole arena starts putting their 2 fingers in the air once it starts playing. Oh you're such a badass, you can get all Hail Satan when that song comes on. You are such a rebel!

Steve Harris, if I could meet you, I would tell you that your unwillingness to play Alexander the Great is a crime. What the hell is your deal? You mean you don't get sick of the stupid Trooper, or playing all 12 minutes of Fear of the Dark year after year that you wouldn't be into pleasing the fans with Alexander the Great?

I love Fear of the Dark by the way. It seems to work really well and they know it and that is why it sticks to them like flies on shit.

The Prisoner, now you made the right decision there. That is what I'm talking about. Grade AAA song!

So if you took out, Iron Maiden, Running Free, Afraid to Shoot Strangers, (in a perfect world Number and Trooper) think of the many amazing possibilities that could be inserted in there.

But in any case, this will be an awesome show and I will try to see at least 2 of them. They could just bang on pots and pans and it will still be better than 90% of what's out there these days.

AWESOME!

I saw Maiden on July 4th in Milwaukee at the Marcus Amphitheater and the show was amazing.The set-list really flowed nicely and the crowd(13,000)seemed to really like it.Afraid to Shoot Strangers really sounded good.Seventh Son of a Seventh Son was killer,but for me hearing them play Phantom of the Opera was beyond amazing.That is my favorite Maiden song and one that they don`t play enough in my opinion.