Songs that the Maidens know

I was being asked the other day by someone what songs you guys know and perform. I thought of as many as I could, I was just wondering how accurate my list was.

Iron Maiden

Prowler
Remember Tomorrow
Phantom Of The Opera
Iron Maiden

Killers

The Ides Of March
Wrathchild
Ghengis Khan
Killers

The Number Of The Beast

Invaders
Children Of The Damned
22 Acacia Avenue
Number Of The Beast
Run To The Hills
Hallowed Be Thy Name

Piece Of Mind

Where Eagles Dare
Revelations
Flight Of Icarus
Die With Your Boots On
The Trooper

Powerslave

Aces High
Two Minutes To Midnight
Powerslave
Rime Of The Ancient Mariner

Somewhere In Time

Caught Somewhere In Time
Wasted Years

Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son

Moonchild
Can I Play With Madness
Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
The Clairvoyant

Fear Of The Dark

Be Quick Or Be Dead
Fear Of The Dark

Have I missed any?

We also do Running Free. :)

There are some we've done in the past that we haven't done with Aja yet including Murders in the Rue Morgue, Caught Somewhere in Time, The Prisoner, Evil That Men Do, Still Life and Bring Your Daughter to the Slaughter.

Doodoobubbachuck said:

There are some we've done in the past that we haven't done with Aja yet including Murders in the Rue Morgue, Caught Somewhere in Time, The Prisoner, Evil That Men Do, Still Life and Bring Your Daughter to the Slaughter.

Running Free and BYDTTS were two that I thought, but again wasn't sure.

You guys have done Still Life??? :OMG:

Good call - my fave from POM!! :)

Nightmares - coming all the time!
Nightmares - will give me peace of mind!

:headbang:

Metallicat180 said:
You guys have done Still Life??? :OMG:

Good call - my fave from POM!! :)

Nightmares - coming all the time!
Nightmares - will give me peace of mind!

:headbang:

I love this song too! :headbang: :worship: :headbang: Can't wait to hear Aja sing this one!

MAIDEN67 said:
I love this song too! :headbang: :worship: :headbang: Can't wait to hear Aja sing this one!

I love it - it's superb on Maiden England.

I would love to hear Aja singing Infinite Dreams, Prodigal Son and Strange World. Those ones would work so well with her voice, she' really brilliant at the slower ones as we've heard on Children Of The Damned and Remember Tomorrow.

Still Life is one of the best songs, period.

It was so good for me, I learned Adrian's solo for that song... I don't play a lot of solos on the songs I know, I think maybe two or three (Losfer Words (Adrian), Wasted Years, and Moonchild (Adrian again, see a pattern?) out of all of the songs that I know. I love just sitting back and playing rhythm, but every now and then I like to step out and just play.

I can hear Aja singing Infinite Dreams in my head, and it sounds awesome.

Doodoobubbachuck said:

When did you play Bring Your Daughter To The Slaughter? It wasn't at any of the 43 shows I've seen [29 of which were pre-Aja], which is good because I don't like that song. I was thrilled when it wasn't included on Tattooed Millionaire, and then angry when it was on No Prayer For The Dying.

Jeff Milne said:
When did you play Bring Your Daughter To The Slaughter? It wasn't at any of the 43 shows I've seen [29 of which were pre-Aja], which is good because I don't like that song. I was thrilled when it wasn't included on Tattooed Millionaire, and then angry when it was on No Prayer For The Dying.

That's funny cos that was the song that got me into Iron Maiden in the first place!!!! :loco:

I agree, its a great song.. it was perfect for NPFTD. I used to know it, but I haven't played it in years... heh its not like I don;t have the music for it, I should relearn it.

Rendclaw said:
I agree, its a great song.. it was perfect for NPFTD. I used to know it, but I haven't played it in years... heh its not like I don;t have the music for it, I should relearn it.

I was jamming on it today - that's my favourite solo of Janick's. It's superb!! :headbang: Lately I've been making my fingers bleed to Phantom Of The Opera - now that is so much fun to play! I just can't get the first solo right and it's VERY annoying!!!!!!! :yell:

The title says it all... these two Maiden songs are fricken GREAT! My favorites! Wait a minute...most all of Maiden songs are my favorite. :headbang:

--David

momadave said:
The title says it all... these two Maiden songs are fricken GREAT! My favorites! Wait a minute...most all of Maiden songs are my favorite. :headbang:

--David

Hahaha! I know what you mean, it's so hard to choose!!!

My top 5 would probably be...

1. Infinite Dreams
2. Murders In The Rue Morgue
3. Wasted Years
4. Aces High
5. Out Of The Silent Planet

Tough to choose tho!!

My Favorite Maiden songs.. in no particular order

Murders in the Rue Morgue
Phatom of the Opera
Flight of the Icarus
Number of the Beast
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Aces High
Back in the Village
Alexander The Great... (Name my son Alexander :) )
The Clairvoyent
The Prophecy
Mother Russia
Fear of the Dark
Clansman
The WickerMan
Ghost of Navigator
Brave New World
Dance of Death
Face in Sand
Journeyman

Sinster said:
My Favorite Maiden songs.. in no particular order

Murders in the Rue Morgue
Phatom of the Opera
Flight of the Icarus
Number of the Beast
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Aces High
Back in the Village
Alexander The Great... (Name my son Alexander :) )
The Clairvoyent
The Prophecy
Mother Russia
Fear of the Dark
Clansman
The WickerMan
Ghost of Navigator
Brave New World
Dance of Death
Face in Sand
Journeyman

Mother Russia - good call!! That is a very underrated classic!! I love it!! :headbang: