90's Nostalgia Iron Maiden Tour Rumoured for 2014!

bozza

Jun 25, 2012
So after reading the speculation of a "Fear of the Dark" style 90's Nostalgia tour at Maiden Revelations I decided to hit AJ Maddah up on Twitter as to whether such a tour (or similar IM tours rumoured for 2014) is on the cards, and here's what he had to say:

1462960_10151730420043053_1905315328_n.jpg

So do you reckon it's too early to speculate on the 2014 set list just for fun? Didn't think so!

1. Be Quick or Be Dead
2. From Here to Eternity
3. Infinite Dreams
4. The Number of the Beast
5. Hooks in You (They've yet to perform it with Adrian even though he wrote it)
6. The Trooper
7. The Sign of the Cross
8. Wasting Love
9. Stranger in a Strange Land (my pick although they'll probably have Wasted Years or Heaven Can Wait instead)
10. Can I Play With Madness
11. Killers
12. Revelations
13. Fear of the Dark
14. Iron Maiden

Encore

15. Powerslave
16. Bring Your Daughter...to the Slaughter
17. Hallowed Be Thy Name

I reckon they should have 4 out of 5 FOTD songs from the original tour as per above i.e. play Infinite Dreams instead of Afraid to Shoot Strangers (makes sense since they effectively played that instead of Infinite Dreams during Maiden England).

EDIT: I only just realised I made a typo in the Maiden Revelations link, I've corrected the typo now!

So is the idea to play a setlist that they would have played in the 90s? As opposed to playing one full of 90s material...

They're doing a few dates in the European summer but it sounds like that'll be it. I suspect they'll start working on a new album for 2015.

Such a shame they don't still do album tour album tour album tour like they did in the 80s. I don't care if that was 30 years ago, damn it!

It looks like they will be continuing the Maiden England shows with the European dates in 2014. I wish they would just do a few one off shows with a mixed setlist instead and then concentrate on new material. They have been touring Maiden England for yonks now.

If they are still going after a new album and supporting tour, a 90s themed tour would be amazing, but I am not confident we will see it. Maybe it will be restricted to a smaller tour than they have been doing previous. That could work.

Although the official news from Iron Maiden would suggest that a European Maiden England Tour with a new set list (at long last) from May to July will be it for 2014, AJ only tweeted this to a fan in response to his IM question 9 hours ago:

@Brootlu I am hopeful. (source: https://twitter.com/iamnotshouting)

Also a fan asked if Maiden are the replacement act for Blur at the BDO and Maddah didn't respond. The BDO is a big long shot, but put my 2¢ in on the official BDO Facebook wall. In the highly off chance Iron Maiden are the new BDO headliner for 2014, we'll know at 3:40pm AEST :D

Yep clearly BDO was very unrealistic. Anyhow maidenrevelations.com made a post in regards to set list speculations. Naturally enough, when I replied I set list speculated. Here's what I posted:

I’m an Aussie and although from Rod Smallwood’s comments on the official Iron Maiden FB page, it would seem it will only be Europe in 2014, AJ Maddah (the boss of Aus’ Soundwave festival) is trying to get Iron Maiden to perform a headline tour in Aus and if the Irons ruled out playing outside of Europe 100% in 2014, AJ would have said so. Anyhow, here’s my set list prediction:

01. Moonchild
02. Infinite Dreams (first time since 1988)
03. Still Life (first time since 88)
04. 2 Minutes To Midnight
05. Revelations
06. The Trooper
07. Can I Play With Madness
08. The Number Of The Beast
09. Killers (first time since 1999)
10. Run To The Hills
11. Wasted Years
12. Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
13. Fear Of The Dark
14. Iron Maiden

Encore:

15. Powerslave
16. The Evil That Men Do
17. Hallowed Be Thy Name

The actual 2014 set list could be nothing like this, but given the pyramids are the only objects not covered in Ice in the promo poster for their 2014 tour, I reckon there’s a chance they’ll replace Aces High in the encore and put Powerslave in its place and they’ve ended their encore’s with Running Free since around 2010, so it would be nice to finish with Hallowed instead :)

This would still be a 7th son themed tour in that you’d still have 5 of 6 songs played on the original 7th tour (only replace Clairvoyant with Infinite Dreams) and you’d bring back Killers and Still Life that were both on the original 7th tour. Killers would also be good in that was left out of the Early Days tour and 2 Minutes 2 Midnight, Powerslave and Revelations would bring back elements of Somewhere Back In Time, so dribs and drabs of all three Nostalgia tours!

I really don't care what their set list is, I'm just excited to see them co-headlining Sonisphere with Metallica. Way more exciting than the "big 4" shows for my money.