creating facebook business page

aramism

Dec 2, 2006
New York, NY
www.myspace.com
ok so i ditched facebook personally a while ago but i want to create one for my studio. i'm having a problem creating a business page. i automatically went to facebook.com and clicked "Create a page for a celebrity, band, or business." but it just takes me to a page that says "create a page" with no links or anything. googling it it seems there are some sites and people that suggest that you CAN create a business page WITHOUT having a personal account. i created a bullshit name personal page and a phony business page within and when logged in it navigates me to a real business set up page but when logged out it does not.

my question here is does anyone know is there any way to create a business page w/o having a personal one? i refuse to believe there isn't. how do companies like pepsi or microsoft or big brand names like that create their own facebook pages? does bill gates have a personal one then makes one for microsoft lol???

ps - this is the screen shot of what i get when i click on it -
ss.png

I don´t know the answer to your question, but I know that you need at least 25 "likes" on your business page to be able to change the URL to "www.facebook.com/name-you-want". And when you do, take extra care to check if you´re naming the "busines page" or the "personal page", because if you mess up and register your personal page with the username you wanted for the URL on your business page, it´s a pain to convince Facebook staff to change it back.

I don´t know the answer to your question, but I know that you need at least 25 "likes" on your business page to be abble to change the URL to "www.facebook.com/name-you-want". And when you do, take extra care to check if you´re naming the "busines page" or the "personnal page", because if you mess up and register your personnal page with the username you wanted for the URL on your business page, it´s a pain to convince Facebook staff to change it back.

how would i do that?

No, you need a personal page to manage it through.

This.

Just make a personal page, with like zero information, set it all to private, use a bogus name if you want, and then you can create a business page and manage it.

i was gonna do that but just this morning i tried to use someone elses computer at a different location and it let me make one without a personal. go figure.

it asked me if i had a personal i said no and it had me input a login email and password and took me right to the business profile.

Crazy, wonder if there was a cookie or some shit stored in the browser that prevented you from doing it on your comp?

yeah i mean i initially tried from my computer and when i clicked on the link from the homepage it took me through the steps of creating a page. then when i clicked to submit or goto the next page in the application it just bugged out and took me to the above screen shot and every time i tried to click on the link to create a business page it, it kept taking me to that page. i tried resetting safari, emptying cache, cookies, the whole nine yards.

i had my friend try it logged out last night on the phone and he got the same page i was getting. then i tried on someone else's computer and i was able to successfully create it.

very strange. the facist bullshit is one the reasons i'm so against having one personally but that's a separate argument. unfortunately social networking comes in extremely handy for business purposes so i have no choice but to conform as it is a valuable marketing tool.

...what???? :zombie:

meaning they are so weird with all the guidelines and stuff. for instance, i accidentally downloaded the facebook app for my blackberry a year ago and it auto merged all my contacts and replaced their pictures and created facebook links in my phone contacts. it was annoying. verrrry annoying. and i figured since i have a girlfriend, have a healthy and abundant natural real life network of friends, and don't care about pictures and what people are constantly doing i found no need to have all that shit or to use it. people have told me what about old high school pals etc. etc. the truth is i don't really care about them lol. if i'm not friends with them naturally i don't need to be on with facebook with them. besides there is still email and texting and bbm. plus to be quite honest i just never used it and hate how some people are so into it. it's a tool that most people overuse. it's a great idea though i will give it that. just not for me personally. but business wise it's a different story.

and i figured since i have a girlfriend, have a healthy and abundant natural real life network of friends, and don't care about pictures and what people are constantly doing i found no need to have all that shit or to use it.

Weird. I have a girlfriend and a real life network of friends, and I kinda like keeping in touch with them, seeing their pictures and all that ;)

I understand the argument, just not how it's fascist or bullshit?

How do you "accidentally" download an app? I actually love how it automerges contacts and whatnot, but I definitely had to approve that process, so I can't complain if I didn't like the results.

well look i'm not saying it's literally facist, it's a bit of exaggeration, so i retract the drama of it. i don't mean to make this a whole facebook argument, i don't mind it, it's just not for me.

@ Jarkko, that's cool. so do many of my friends, again, it's just not my thing. i have plenty of pictures in iphoto and other albums and it's fine w me. it's useful to like people who have big families far away who can share photos and stuff i will admit that's cool. i don't have that luxury as i have a pretty small and more localized family half of which can't successfully copy and paste in ms word lol.

ah thank you good sir.

i just need 100 likes before i am eligible to have a permanent username on the url. for now its retarded like this:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Studio-Six-Sound/196941600320165

ps - feel free to "like" it to help my like count so i can get to have a lot of the features unlocked. at 1000 u get the "pro" business features it seems with more access to marketing and customizing tools. guess they want legit businesses like major companies with a lot of the perks or something like that. either way, shameless self-promotion i know but everyone with facebook press like lol

liked it ;) I needed only 25 "likes", are you shure it's 100 for you?
I was going to say 'just invite all your facebook friends, 99% of them will click "like" anyways' but then I remembered you had no account. Hehe

its 25 to get a username but 100 to be able to change some other stuff. when i clicked on a few of the settings options it said i'm not able to do it until i have a 100. and i read on facebook business pages website they have a whole section that at 1000 you get a bunch more.

damn shame i had like 300 friends or so when i had it lol. i'm sure within a few days i'll have my likes up. now i gotta link up my myspace and get a twitter going. need one of those multi purpouse status update thingamajigs... goddamn technology :devil:

well look i'm not saying it's literally facist, it's a bit of exaggeration, so i retract the drama of it. i don't mean to make this a whole facebook argument, i don't mind it, it's just not for me.

@ Jarkko, that's cool. so do many of my friends, again, it's just not my thing. i have plenty of pictures in iphoto and other albums and it's fine w me. it's useful to like people who have big families far away who can share photos and stuff i will admit that's cool. i don't have that luxury as i have a pretty small and more localized family half of which can't successfully copy and paste in ms word lol.

Nah man, I understand, I was just being a dick :) Facebook is nice for what it's supposed to be, but people are going crazy about it.