Credit card cloning

Erik said:
ILooked at your receipts from various stores lately? An alarming amount of stores print the whole fucking card number and expiry date in plaintext, at which point all the person who finds the receipt on the ground somewhere needs to do is use the # and date on the Internet somewhere to order whatever the fuck they want.

Even if the actual store receipt doesn't print the whole number, the internal receipts WILL have them printed, and you can't be sure that the store disposes of those in a safe way. Actually, they probably throw them in some random dumpster, and then the person who finds those has 50000 free credit cards. Noone needs to know pin codes or have actual physical cards in this Interweb age.

Yikes, didn't know that, though I never use my card to pay for anything, mainly because I don't like them keeping track of what I'm purchasing, but now I've got another good reason it seems

I thought there was added security in having the three digits following the full number on the back of the card now. So even if someone has your full card number and expiry date, they still need the 3-digit number which is not printed anywhere other than the back of the card (where you sign your name) and of course the magnetic strip. Plus you need to know the billing address of the card.

But hey, don't forget, there are still some people who order stuff over the telephone and just hand over their number to a voice at the other end of the line.

And then you've got restaurants where you have to trust the waiter not to copy all the details of the card down (or spit, bleed, puke, and jizz into your sandwich).

And then you've got restaurants where you have to trust the waiter not to copy all the details of the card down (or spit, bleed, puke, and jizz into your sandwich).
I really hate most restaurants. After having my dad work in a few and tell me of various goings-on... Fuck that shit. I'll cook my food myself (or have someone trusted do it for me) whenever possible.

Fast food restaurants are the worst. The sort of people who find themselves working in MacDonalds are hardly concerned about not sneezing in the fries, or taking a piss in the milkshake mix. But really, this is MacDonalds -- jizzing on a burger is like taking a dump on some camel dung.