CRIMSON GLORY - Bassist Jeff Lords Will Not Play Atlanta Tribute To Midnight

Mooseknuckle

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
Sep 16, 2006
Charleston AFB, SC
From Bravewords.com:

Jeff Lords, original CRIMSON GLORY bassist, has issued the following statement about his non-appearance at ProgPower USA, billed as a tribute to recently departed singer Midnight:

"For reasons, some of which are beyond my control, some not, but all of which, personal, I will not be participating in the Midnight Tribute at ProgPower, and to my understanding, the guys will be using a stand-in. They have my blessing. If/when the time comes that Ben (Jackson - guitar), Jon (Drenning - guitar), and Dana (Burnell - drums) want to take the band to the next level - and by then, I'll hopefully have some issues worked out (because this is short notice) - I will become an active member/co-songwriter, once more, fully dedicated to delivering the bass lines that they and the 'Glory fans come to expect, provided they all want to keep the remaining four members intact."

Jeff Lords said:
If/when the time comes that Ben (Jackson - guitar), Jon (Drenning - guitar), and Dana (Burnell - drums) want to take the band to the next level

Seems he may not be inline with the tribute idea. Looks like he would prefer a more forward approach.

Excuse me! But aren't they headlining now besides the tribute??
I don't care as long as the duel guitarists, drummer, and the
vocalist are there! I am sorry but I can deal with the fill in.
Ben, Jon, Dana,Wade and the fill in thank you guys!!
I am sure Midnight would appreciate you, the fans and it all!
The guardian is among us....

They put on a kick ass amazing show you will not regret!...Cristen

Excuse me! But aren't they headlining now besides the tribute?? I don't care as long as the duel guitarists, drummer, and the vocalist are there! I am sorry but I can deal with the fill in. Ben, Jon, Dana,Wade and the fill in thank you guys!! I am sure Midnight would appreciate you, the fans and it all! The guardian is among us.... They put on a kick ass amazing show you will not regret!...Cristen

Relax... you're among friends :)

Well, it sounds like a "I really don't feel like being bothered" excuse. Like I said, very knee-jerk.

I was just saying that there are many CG fans here, myself among them, and that it makes no diff to me who's the bassist (the person sounded like I was dissing the bassist - which I wasn't). I am very happy CG is playing PP, and was just trying to impress upon the blogger that she/he is among friends e.g. many other CG fans.

This is incredibly knee-jerk on my part, but what a douche.

Huh? He said he gives his blessing to the ProgPower performance, and implies that he has personal issues that are keeping him from being able to participate on short notice.

I don't know all the circumstances, but based on his statements I don't understand why people are giving him any grief.

Because it sounds like the band he's in booked a gig and he doesn't feel like making the show work. I know nothing about CG's past or current lineup, but if this guy is a part of the band it's pretty lame to not come do the show.