Midnight Of Crimson Glory Returns!

Caressed Soul

New Metal Member
May 24, 2004
For those of you who do not know, the legendary Midnight of Crimson Glory will join former bandmate guitarist Ben Jackson onstage for an acoustic performance of Crimson Glory classics in Cleveland, Ohio USA on June 5, 2004 as part of the Brave Words and Bloody Knuckles Six Pack Weekend Fest 2.

Midnight, after leaving his master vocals on the classic masterpiece "Transcendence", left Crimson Glory and hasn't been heard from since. Despite popular demand to rejoin CG or release solo material the mysterious vocalist has not performed publicly in over 13 years. The news was confirmed on the Auburn Records website www.auburnrecords.com and The Brave Words And Bloody Knuckles website www.bravewords.com.

It's been way too long Mid. Can't wait to welcome you back! Needless to say I am flying from Puerto Rico exclusively just to see this performance!

www.bravewords.com
www.auburnrecords.com

Midnight, after leaving his master vocals on the classic masterpiece "Transcendence", left Crimson Glory and hasn't been heard from since.
He recorded one more album with them after 'Transcendence', called 'Strange and Beautiful'. Ben Jackson was gone and they had a new drummer who's name escapes me right now.

After releasing Transcedence, considered one of the best PROG releases of all time, the band yes did release Strange and Beautiful in 1991, considered one of the worst releases of all time as the band was coerced to go into a commercial direction.

Strange and Beautiful is not even considered a release to CG fans.

Caressed Soul said:
Midnight, after leaving his master vocals on the classic masterpiece "Transcendence", left Crimson Glory and hasn't been heard from since.

He did a solo album called "M" (2001) and he participated in Genius Rock Opera (2003) (the track "Terminate") but I'm sure you already knew that :)

I thought that Strange And Beautiful was a phenomenal album...I always think of it as Crimson Glory in the recording studio after listening to too much Zeppelin. Sure it wasn't flights-of-fancy-dragon-metal...but still...what passion...what kick.

Midnight is an odd one...but he has managed to pop his head up somewhat...just don't think anyone was really listening.

I would like to actually meet him in the flesh one day and find out more about him, cuz he really has done a good job of wrapping himself up in his own mystery...aside from that...he's one of the best vocalists around.

I will try to sneak in a recorder for this performance of Midnight and Ben Jackson together. It will be Midnight's first public performance since the "Transcendence" tour which I have a bootleg of recorded in Cleveland, Ohio in 1989.

Caressed Soul said:
I will try to sneak in a recorder for this performance of Midnight and Ben Jackson together. It will be Midnight's first public performance since the "Transcendence" tour which I have a bootleg of recorded in Cleveland, Ohio in 1989.
I saw CG play The Rockit Club, here in Tampa, following the release of Strange & Beautiful. I am not sure how long it was after that, the whole thing went to hell.

I saw the Midnight performance in Cleveland and was not impressed. Not a big fan of CG to begin with so there is obvious bias, but my problem wasn't so much with the singing, but the fact that the night before his big "return" he partied and drank all night and sounded awful. He kept coughing and clearing his throat and the music was just boring to me...it seemed to go over well with the people who were fans of the music I just wasn't impressed.

Heavenly Call said:
I saw the Midnight performance in Cleveland and was not impressed. Not a big fan of CG to begin with so there is obvious bias, but my problem wasn't so much with the singing, but the fact that the night before his big "return" he partied and drank all night and sounded awful. He kept coughing and clearing his throat and the music was just boring to me...it seemed to go over well with the people who were fans of the music I just wasn't impressed.

I was NOT a fan of Crimson Glory before Cleveland, but let me tell you I am now. Midnight's voice was just breathtaking. The guy was singing with so much emotion it was just a pleasure to watch. I'm not sure what you saw/heard, but "boring" would not be my word for being privy to talent like that.

I hadn't heard them before BWBK but we met Ben Jackson in the weight room not knowing who he was and he was VERY cool. The imprompty bar sing-a-long was the best (until we got kicked out at 2:30).
Yeah, I even got Midnight and Ben to sign my back!!

cool story, am_ash2... Crimson Glory is definately one of the best 80's metal bands and a huge influence on today's prog/power scene.

Sounds like there's a possibility of Crimson Glory's Midnight & Ben Jackson showing up to PP V!

Saw a posting on their site "July 2004: Ben and Midnight have been invited to attend ProgpowerUSA V as special guests on September 17-18 in Atlanta, Georgia. Ben and Mid will be doing a meet and greet only. No live performance."

Being an old time CG fan it will be a treat just to meet them, but would be great if we could encourage them to get onstage at Pre-party to play a song with one of the bands (or with a complete reunion at some future PP show!) :headbang:

(Of course, you can check out all of the CG music & other great Prog/Power tunes on the internet radio at http://beyondearcandy.com)