Midnight, ex-Crimson Glory singer, dies at age 47

I made this known last year and I voice it again publicly - I thoroughly enjoyed his performance at the pre-party last year. It was far from metal, but he was obviously working through a lot of deep-seated issues and expanding his horizons as an artist. I am so, so happy that I had one last opportunity to see him before his untimely passing. I also count myself fortunate to have been one of the lucky ones to witness "Midnight at 6:00am" at my very first ProgPower ever.

R.I.P. Midnight. You will be missed. May you finally find the peace that eluded you in life.

Nathan

Hey everyone, just a quick update to let you all know that Crimson Glory has released an official statement regarding Midnight's passing; it will be posted as soon as possible on all relevant sites.
The guys appreciate all of the support, prayers and well-wishes from everybody...this is a sad day indeed.
I'm devastated by Mid's passing...it's just comforting to know that he's at peace now, traversing and transcending the dimensions of space and time that we all just speculate about.

Rest in Peace, Midnight. I will never forget that "Midnight at 6am" mini-show at ProgPower V, or getting the chance to thank him in person for his range expanding inspiration.

+1

THAT was a morning I'll never forget. I swear you could probably have heard him singing, with near-perfect power, two blocks away.

Travel gently, Midnight.

+1

THAT was a morning I'll never forget. I swear you could probably have heard him singing, with near-perfect power, two blocks away.

Travel gently, Midnight.

+1

I was dead-tired, but there's no way I was leaving at that point. Glad I didn't...only time I got to see him sing. Truly a priceless PPUSA moment. RIP, Midnight...

59.jpg

(I have more of these posted, if anyone is interested).

Here's my only "picture". SwordLord attended the Midnight at 6am event. At the time, he was not that familiar with Crimson Glory's catalog, but knew I was a huge fan. In addition to calling me at home to tell me what I was missing, he also talked to Midnight and told him about me and what a huge fan I was. He came back from Atlanta with this personal note for me. Too bad "next time" never came...

Midnight%20note%209-18-04.jpg

Didn't really know the man and have never heard much Crimson Glory, but I know that Midnight made Claus laugh as much as I have EVER seen the man laugh before. There are 2 stories here:

ProgPower USA 2004. Claus and I are in Atlanta, being the VERY important managers of Wuthering Heights, hehe. We're standing outside our hotel, smoking a cigarette, waiting for the shuttle bus (back in the days when I still tried to annihilate my lungs). Out comes a small greyhaired, somewhat greasy looking dude, approaching us and saying: "Hi, I'm Midnight"!!! I almost cracked open there.....I wanted to reply: "Yepp, and I'm a quarter past 4", but I kept the polite face and shook the mans hand (kinda realized quickly that it must be the CG singer). Well, Claus and I broke down and laughed our asses off later on.

The WH incident:

Wuthering Heights is doing their signing session in the front lobby, and we have lined the band up with CD's, shirts, beer etc. As you may know, Teddy from Loch Vostok is playing bass in WH, so he's also there and he's a HUGE Midnight fan-boy....so when Midnight is suddenly standing there by the end of the table, he's mumbling something about him, doing some signings....Teddy tells him, that he should do signings as well right here.....wherafter Midnight sits down beside Teddy and begins signing

.....Wuthering Heights CD's!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahahahaha.

Midnight was so drunk, that he didn't realize what he was doing, and Claus and I laughed our asses off - even Erik from WH thought it was funny in spite of the ridiculousness of it all.

Later that night, Claus, Erik, Morten and I had been out, eating or drinking and while walking home, we spoke about this incident. Claus began laughing hard (and the rest of us also had tears in our eyes from laughing), but Claus took it to another level, as he laid down on the pavement RIGHT there in a pretty bad neighbourhood of Atlanta and literally screamed with laughter. He simply couldn't hold up his own bodyweight because of the laughs.

So, thanks for the laughs Midnight..:)

Mr. 15 past 4.

...Claus took it to another level, as he laid down on the pavement RIGHT there in a pretty bad neighbourhood of Atlanta and literally screamed with laughter. He simply couldn't hold up his own bodyweight because of the laughs.

So, thanks for the laughs Midnight..:)

Mr. 15 past 4.

You guys are hilarious.

Leave it to Lars and Claus to inject a whole lotta humor into an otherwise somber thread.

Priceless memories. Thanks for sharing them!

Bill

The man was definitely an influence on my approach to singing. He will be missed.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

RIP Midnight. Thanks for your contributions to the metal genre. The first two CG albums will always be "cult classics".

Last edited by a moderator:
I will have to pick up a copy of Transcendence, because unfortunately my only exposure to him was at last year's pre-party...

Do it.

I'm spinning the whole CG catalog at work today and it's amazing to me that Transcendence is as awesome today as it was when I was listening to it in high school when it came out 21 years!

Through 21 intervening years of music, it is still in my Top 5 albums.

I still remember seeing the video for Lonely on MTV for a bit back in '88-'89. I never understood how they didn't break through, as that video/song had all the elements necessary to break through to the mainstream at that time.

A girlfriend of mine got me hooked on CG when we were in junior high, when Headbanger's Ball played the video for "Lonely." I used to freak out the DJs on the late Saturday night metal show on a college radio station. "You're a girl, you're sixteen years old, and you're asking for Crimson Glory? *pause* Will you marry me?" :lol: