JON OLIVA, MIDNIGHT, WADE BLACK Collaborate

AMBR

Metal Grandma
Mar 12, 2003
New Jersey
JON OLIVA, MIDNIGHT, WADE BLACK Collaborate On Reworked Version Of CRIMSON GLORY Classic - Mar. 4, 2008

JON OLIVA'S PAIN guitarist Matt LaPorte has announced the collaboration between legendary metal vocalists Jon Oliva (JON OLIVA'S PAIN, TRANS-SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA, SAVATAGE), Midnight (CRIMSON GLORY) and Wade Black (CRIMSON GLORY, LEATHERWOLF, DISASTERPEACE) on his recently re-worked version of the CRIMSON GLORY classic "Painted Skies".

Says LaPorte: "I could not be more thrilled with the outcome of this union of my favorite singers of all time, all of whom I am able to count among my very best friends and musical partners. I arranged this version not as a metal song, but as a piece for just piano and string quartet. Mid [Midnight] told me he originally wrote it on piano and loved what I came up with. So I, with my pal Lee Harrison (MONSTROSITY), who engineered the sessions with all three singers, took it all the way to the end zone."

Audio will be made available on the Internet in the next few days, after final mixing is complete.