Midnight, ex-Crimson Glory singer, dies at age 47

"The End" is a fantastic example of the capabilities Mid had as a storyteller as well as a singer.
It wasn't about pretending to be crazy.
It was about pulling back the curtain and showing you what lurked within.

Incidentally, FL peeps: If you haven't already seen the press release or been to the website, we are having a memorial for Mid on Siesta Key public beach here in Sarasota this Saturday the 11th at 6:30pm.
It's open to the public, so if anyone here can attend, please come out and share our celebration of Midnight's life.

I'm really late on this (well, posting here anyway), but this is just terrible. Being young I only got into Crimson Glory a few years ago and never had the pleasure of seeing or meeting Midnight, but I was touched by his voice nevertheless. "Painted Skies" is probably among my favorite ballads of all-time. I've listened to it at least a dozen times in the past 24 hours, including the acoustic version with Jon Oliva that was on Midnight's Myspace, which absolutely gives me the chills. Just reading the stories of people's experiences here makes me feel abnormally close to someone I've never even met. I absolutely love the fact that the memorial service is open to the public, and you can be assured that if I was about 1,000 miles closer I'd be there.

Found this on YouTube and wanted to share

Last edited by a moderator: