Midnight, ex-Crimson Glory singer, dies at age 47

In the back of everyone's mind, the writing had to be on the wall. A different outcome was surely hoped for. Life is to be appreciated. His light shown brightly...albeit briefly. Carpe Noctum...Requiescat in pace.

May you finally find peace and your demons finally lay to rest. You were an awesome individual and will always be remembered. R.I.P

Very sad. Did we see one of his last performances last year? Transcendence is on my top 10 of all time, its just a classic that cant be touched. Rest in Peace Midnight

Bear

This is heartbreaking, though not unexpected. What an inspiration and influence he was to so many of us in the 80s. A great voice has been silenced forever.

RIP Midnight.

I never met the guy, but this is indeed a sad day in metal history. His influence on the genre is obvious, and he will be missed.

Wow, this sucks. Truly one of my favorite vocalists of all time.

I never got to see him perform, but at least these treasured recordings will be with me all my life. I only "knew" him from his postings on his message board, but I liked the guy a lot. Despite the demons, that talent was immense. What a voice!

Rest in peace, Midnight.

Wow!

I will have to pick up a copy of Transcendence, because unfortunately my only exposure to him was at last year's pre-party and we all remember how that went down. I feel bad, because what we witnessed at the pre-party was a "symptom" of a much bigger problem/condition.

Hopefully he's at peace and I will keep his daughter (as well as MJ's kids) in my thoughts, children are always the casualties in these situations.