Crimson II-could have also been moontower II

Firefest9

Hypocrisy rules!!!!!
Jan 18, 2002
Las Cruces, NM
Visit site
What do you guys think? this album is Amazing!!!!!! I love every minute of it! Track 8, 27 and 29 are my favs right now.

For me, this cd is very much rooted in prog rock/metal, very akin to Moontower. I loved that disc and see this as almost an extension with down-tuned guitars and a few blast beats here and there. This could hav easily been moontower II i think
what do you guys think?

Eric
aka firefest9

i think you are partially correct but not entirely. i believe Crimson 2 sounds like what moontower 2 would sound like if EoS did it but not a Dan Swano Moontower 2

I think if EoS did Moontower 2 without Dan, it would sound like boring crap, like half of Infernal and all of Cryptic. Without Dan, those guys just put out boring, generic metal.

Geyzer60 said:
Man I can't stop listening to Crimson 2. I love the music composition on it and the sound quality is fantastic
I've been listening to it constantly since I got it on saturday as well. I'm now sure that it's maybe - at least for me - the best album ever. And I say this without being a fanboy ...and my record-collection is _huge_. I can't wait 'til Dan tops this one again :)