crimson II

turnloosetheswans

metal weirdoD
Aug 15, 2002
milwaukee,wi
www.myspace.com
dunno if edge of sanity fans exist...but crimson II is godly...and its just dan swano...so he rejoined eos to kick em all out and takes over..this record is all dan swano...doin everything...and comendeering their band name for it....what a guy eh?in any case...it is crazy good...and i got that and viva emptiness on vinyl on the same day....which is even better on vinyl than on cd...so very crisp...well thats jason went shoppin fer today

I don't completely agree with my bandmate's view of the album but I do agree that it is a little different than old EoS, but then again, I really wouldn't want it to be too much like the original Crimson, or Purgatory Afterglow, etc. (and I really like Moontower too, so...) I have to really sit down and listen to Crimson II thoroughly yet, but from what I have heard so far, I think its fuckin' great. There's catchy hooks and changes all over the place.

And for the record, regarding the comment about not knowing if there's any EoS fans here, Novembers Doom collectively have been big fans of theirs for quite a while. I know Eric told me a long while back that Edge of Sanity was an influence on his writing and playing when he first joined the band. Of course, we never get THAT fact acknowledged in any reviews.

Anyhow, so far, Crimson II is becoming one of my favorite discs of the year. All hail Swano and his tyrannical overthrow in EoS, hah!

yeah, i dug EoS- crimson and spectral sorrows mostly; when i took over the radio show, that was one of the first death metal things i really liked- that and tiamat's wildhoney. i don't think i actually owned any MDB until after the release of sculptured ivy (sorry andy). which makes me not understand how that whole rue and fire/sear me thing happened.

as for the crimson ii- i didn't even know this existed! i have to get off my butt and locate that. i have a copy of the moontower, but i think the saw blade keyboard sound over EVERY song is a bit much. there's some definite interesting stuff, but it sounds too much like the same formula was used for every track ("okay, now what does the annoying sawblade keyboard thing do in this track...") rather than taking each track on its own merits and utilizing different sounds.

but i'm definitely interested in hearing the Crimson II.

chupe666 said:
yeah, i dug EoS- crimson and spectral sorrows mostly; when i took over the radio show, that was one of the first death metal things i really liked- that and tiamat's wildhoney. i don't think i actually owned any MDB until after the release of sculptured ivy (sorry andy). which makes me not understand how that whole rue and fire/sear me thing happened.

as for the crimson ii- i didn't even know this existed! i have to get off my butt and locate that. i have a copy of the moontower, but i think the saw blade keyboard sound over EVERY song is a bit much. there's some definite interesting stuff, but it sounds too much like the same formula was used for every track ("okay, now what does the annoying sawblade keyboard thing do in this track...") rather than taking each track on its own merits and utilizing different sounds.

but i'm definitely interested in hearing the Crimson II.
www.theendrecords.com/omega

i got it off there with viva emptiness on vinyl...but i think its only 10 bucks or so with shippin....buy the shit outta it...and more i listen to it more i like it...the rainbow keyboards get to be a lil much but the riffs are way good....buy rune