Crimson II is No Crimson

I prefer Crimson II. It's less repeatitive and more diversile. Don't like the drum sounds, thought... I didn't care much about Crimson I, thought that exotic flute solo in the middle was cool. It would have been great if you had some exotic instruments on CII as well. But it doesn't matter, it's one of my favourite albums still. CI had boring riffing, too simple and too repeatitive IMO. I hope I won't get killed after posting this...

Flute? :err: Do you mean the cello?

I certainly prefer the first Crimson, but the sequel is very good as well. I have no complaints about the heavy use of keyboards in Crimson II, as I think they fit the mood well and manage to punctuate some of the strong points. The solos are great, and this is where the sequel really outshines the first Crimson - rarely have I heard such blatantly melodic solos fit such a long song so well. Dan chose his guest-musicians truly well.

The only part where I think Crimson II completely fails is the story. As I've mentioned before in another thread, the lyrics are good, but not epic enough and there's only a very small connection to the original storyline.

Anyways, I wish there will be a Crimson III someday.

-Villain

By Fear I Fall said:
Sorry I'm being lazy and not looking back that far for other threads about this topic. I have read a lot of reviews that say Crimson II is excellent and I wanted to know if anyone disagrees. I think it's a good cd but not the same quality that Crimson was. Dan Swano is a genius, but Edge of Sanity as a whole is a great band with a genius in its ranks.
I definatly feel that way. Crimson II was good, but I prefer my EoS to be actually EoS and not Dan and guests. :Spin: