Dan "The Man" Swano as I like to call him

Heliotropic_Rose

in the soil beneath
Nov 17, 2004
Austin, Texas
So I'm wondering what I should buy next in the Dan Swano Catalogue. I have thus far :

Edge of Sanity - Crimson I
Edge of Sanity - Crimson II
Edge of Sanity - The Spectral Sorrows

Dan Swano - Moontower

Nightingale - I

and BloodBath stuff of course

anyway, what do you guys think . . .honestly I'm not really into the Nightingale cd I have, nor the Spectral Sorrows cd. I like a lot of the Moontower cd, but I'd prefer more breaks in vocals, so with all that said, does that help you guys narrow down what I should get next. Oh and yeah I think both Crimson cd's are two of the best albums of all time. :kickass::headbang::worship:

Actually I think this might help me out too because I have pretty much all the CDs you have except for EOS's Infernal which I think kicks ass, and a friend of mine has Pergatory Afterglow which he really enjoys. I hope this helps although I'm sure that most of the people here will give you a better insight than I can.

So I'm wondering what I should buy next in the Dan Swano Catalogue. I have thus far :

Edge of Sanity - Crimson I
Edge of Sanity - Crimson II
Edge of Sanity - The Spectral Sorrows

Dan Swano - Moontower

Nightingale - I

and BloodBath stuff of course

anyway, what do you guys think . . .honestly I'm not really into the Nightingale cd I have, nor the Spectral Sorrows cd. I like a lot of the Moontower cd, but I'd prefer more breaks in vocals, so with all that said, does that help you guys narrow down what I should get next. Oh and yeah I think both Crimson cd's are two of the best albums of all time. :kickass::headbang::worship:

If you like Edge of Sanity, you should definitely get "Unorthodox" and "Purgatory Afterglow". In my opinion, they are better than "Spectral Sorrows".

EDIT: Or just get the album "When All Is Said" which has 2 songs from each Edge of Sanity album (plus both Crimsons), chosen by the people on this forum. That might give you a hint of what other albums you might like.

If you can get a hold of the Nightingale album "Nightfall Overture", you should also buy it. It has re-recorded versions of songs from all the earlier Nightingale albums. You might like those versions better than the songs on "I". And if you like those versions of the songs, you might want to check out "Invisible" and "White Darkness".

Im under the impression that a bunch off people like "Infestdead" or perhaps "Demiurg". I only heard the stuff placed on myspace and Im not sure how hard/easy it is to get hold of Infestdead stuff. Anyhow I consider to buy Hate Chamber by Demiurg (release later this spring)