Cristina Scabbia is even more beautiful in real life!

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
Yes indeed. Haddsie and the rest of us finally got to meet her last night, and not only is she an amazing live singer, but she's even better looking in person. o_O

Now all they need to do is ditch the male vocalist - the thorn in their side. Damn good band though. I'm glad I'm seeing them again soon with Into Eternity and Daylight Dies.

(Thanks Erik for that Daylight Dies recommendation - I managed to pick up Idle but they're sold out of the new one, but no rush).

Oh, and Opeth weren't bad either. :D

JayKeeley said:
Now all they need to do is ditch the male vocalist - the thorn in their side.
My thoughts exactly. :D He's not bad, but having her as full time vocalist would sound much better.

I'm assuming you, your wife, and Christina had some "private time" back stage.

Answer like a man!

Did you get the Khanate CD-R yet? Hopefully you end up buying the actual CD. I hate owning CD-R's and not the real CD . . . even when I don't like the band that much.

npearce said:

Answer like a man!
What wife? Hehehe, just kidding. I only wish, but you know, to be respectiful and all that, Cristina is real talent in all departments. She totally owned that stage.
Did you get the Khanate CD-R yet? Hopefully you end up buying the actual CD. I hate owning CD-R's and not the real CD . . . even when I don't like the band that much.
Not got it yet. I would also like to buy it, but I'm going to go one further and see them on June 5th (hopefully). I'll pick up the CD at their show - pretty fucked up since I haven't heard the CD yet. A couple of friends of ours are big fans though - we were talking about Sun O))) last night, which by the way, I just won on eBay for $2.

Which Sunn 0))) did you get?

I can't believe you're going to see Khanate!!!!!!!!!

Greg Anderson says they are the most devastating band he's ever seen live. Most people that see them live would probably agree. I'll probably never see them, since they only play the east coast.

npearce said:

Answer like a man!

Being the wife in question, I can address this. Just so you know, the group of us who went to the show together last night were three guys who were totally drooling over Christina and me... and I was the one who actually approached her and started the conversation. :Smug:

She did a fantastic job on stage, but when we spoke to her later, it reminded me that she's also just a very cool woman. And, yes, of course, she is gorgeous.

npearce said:
Which Sunn 0))) did you get?

The latest, White. It's my first, but for $2 I couldn't turn it down.

I can't believe you're going to see Khanate!!!!!!!!!

Greg Anderson says they are the most devastating band he's ever seen live. Most people that see them live would probably agree. I'll probably never see them, since they only play the east coast.

That's what was being discussed last night. And the fact that "if you don't know what to expect, then prepare to be bewildered".

haddsie said:
I was the one who actually approached her and started the conversation. :Smug:

Meeting chicks through other chicks rules!

hardnheavypage4.jpg

:headbang:

npearce said:
How'd you do that? I recently ordered it brand new for just under $14. You bastard!

Dude - nobody searches for "Sun O)))" on eBay. I knew as soon as I found it that nobody would bid against me. And when all is said and done, I was the only bidder, for like 6 days too.

This is the ode to Cristina thread! PLUG: Go read our interview with her if you haven't already...she rules.

P.S. Haddsie told me that she loved Michael Akerfeld last night, so I have no guilt in announcing my love for Cristina. :lol:

CSred.gif

Mike Akerfeldt is overweight, has too much scruffy looking hair, and a double-chin.

Cristina is way HOT. Holy shit. She looked sooooo much better in "regular" clothes, in person, with no makeup on as well. *pant, pant*

I only have if_then_else from the Gathering which I really like, how does the new one compare?

Someone in a Danzig forum said that Mikael Akerfeldt looked like Van Dreisen (sp?) from Beavis and Butthead, that cracked me up.

markgugs said:
Mike Akerfeldt is overweight, has too much scruffy looking hair, and a double-chin.

No argument, he's a bit chubby, but he was really cool last night. 1) amazing talent, 2) he was smiling through half of his own songs, 3) as you mentioned during the show, Mark, his interaction with the crowd was great and I found it endearing in a way (I know, woosy word, but that's what it was).

'Souvenirs' is even better than 'if_then_else'. It is more subtle, but the song writing continues to get better from album to album. Garm sings on one song with Aneka (sp?). It's one of the best CD's of 2003 . . . IMO.

The bands last night were just awesome !

Cristina is such a beautiful gorgeous woman, that when MarkGugs and I approached her, he told her 'My friend is too shy to say hello, so I'm saying hello for him'....bastard !!

Oh well, at least I shook her hand and gave her a french kiss and we ended up backstage, and now she's up the duff with my bastard child of satan....damn it, it was all an illusion...but I did shake her hand and congratulate her performance.

Amazing how some women are just drop dead gorgeous !

I've only heard the new Gathering CD once, but I really love the album because it is so alternative and like some people have said, very Radiohead-ish.

Chief B

I want to play with milk !!:)

As for 'Souvenirs', I don't think Radiohead is that good of a comparison. The Gathering isn't near as abstract, and they still use real instruments WAY more than electronics. The singing is also VERY, VERY good on 'Souvenirs'.

I should enjoy The Gathering. I like both Lacuna Coil and Radiohead. I lived and breathed The Bends and OK Computer for several years. I have so many Radiohead bootlegs, it's not funny. Well, maybe not that many.

Has anyone heard The Provenance? Another italian band - complete Lacuna Coil rip off, except that the male singer uses death vocals, and some therefore think it's 'progressive'. It's not bad, but nowhere near as good as something like Comalies.