Critique Mix for CD please

Element77

Sep 12, 2006
Hey guys,

Wondering if you could take 2 mins a listen to a mix. We are going to put together a 4 song CD for the reason of snagging a singer (and a bassist, and a drummer.... and a breakdancer). Im trying to put together a mix and need input what you think if you were to hear this. There's some hits missing, and what not, but I want to work on this asap. So if you could please listen and tell me what you think... thanks!

OK, I updated the mix, I think it might be really close to what I want, maybe alittle hot, and I'm not used to a real bass, so that was my culprit in this mix... But please help me out, and give me any sort of comments or critique!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6003128/Song10_425-E-MU ASIO MASTER OUT.mp3

i like the hi-hats man...i guess you can turn them down just a tiny bit.

drums are good.
guitars need to by HP about 75hz
and if you wanna boost the low end, try 1 or 2dbs @ 90hz unless they were recorded pretty boomy

i dont know about the bass...i just cant hear it with those guitars.

OK, ill give it a try. The bass, I don't know... Man, this is the first time I used an actual bass, instead of a pitch-shifted guitar. Obviously a whole different beast. I hope I'm atleast in the ballpark... Does the guitar melody sound out of place or odd? I can never get the solo guitars correct without it stepping all over the rest of the mix.