Cronian - Enterprise

not really liking it too much...I was never a huge fan of Cronian's first release either.

Yeah, I though Terra was alright. Will be ordering Enterprise along with another couple of records next month I guess.

I agree about Terra, it was pretty good. I have Enterprise and I think its way better. Now I need Pain parade :headbang:

WTF!!!! :devil:
I was just in town to buy it, and I was told it's not coming here until November 17! Why are Danish distributors a bunch of lazy ass mutherf*ers! It's my mental state they're toying with here, I have already waited for such a long time it feels. Dammit!

In other news:
Yay, I'm going to Progpower Scandinavia today and tomorrow. Looking extremely much forward to seeing Deadsoul Tribe. :worship:

It's very different from Terra, but VERY awesome! A very very grand listen; it took me a good 10 listens for it to really sink it and let me see how amazing it is! They've done magic once again!

It's very different from Terra, but VERY awesome! A very very grand listen; it took me a good 10 listens for it to really sink it and let me see how amazing it is! They've done magic once again!

Cool! I'm with you regarding how it grows on you...actually it still grows on me :). We wanted to make an album spawn out of our inspiration and artistic visions that stand the test of time..of course it¨'s not a goal in it self to make a complex album to crown it with duration..but somehow it just ends up like that when me and Öystein are working to gether..still there's enough "hooks" for you to keep investigate the album right from the begining. We're very satisfied with the album and it kind of boosted our creativity..so we've already two new Cronian songs!!

mr V

of course it¨'s not a goal in it self to make a complex album to crown it with duration..but somehow it just ends up like that when me and Öystein are working to gether.
mr V

OK. That's a great description!

For us North Americans, it's already on that evil online service iTunes; I'll have to buy it from there when payday comes on Friday! (I'd love to get a physical copy, but I have a feeling it won't be available stateside for quite a while, and it'd cost half an arm when it is.)

Received it today, it's pretty good.

I think I recognized a melody on the fourth or fifth track, which was also on Terra!
have only listened to it once so far, but I'm about to hit the road, with Enterprise on repeat :)

Next in line: Pain Parade!

I just ordered it from dis-pleased records for a lot of money. I just couldn't wait for a US distro to get it in stock. I hope it gets here soon.

Just for info. I bought mine from amazon uk. It says out of stock, but the secondary sellers all have Enterprise for average prices. Also those secondary sellers are pretty reputable and i have used this method numerous times.

Just remembered this is how i got both Anglagard albums.

Now that I listened to the whole thing for a week straight every night, like I do with each new album I purchase, Enterprise has some very good points. The sound quality is excellent, each instrument is very clear. The drums are bit over powering in some parts, but don't ruin the experience. This overpowering programmed drumming also was an issue for me on the second Waterclime release. I still say live drums are better if you find the right drummer, or a mix of both. Some of the melodies over chord progressions are excellent. Definitely a better album over Terra, but at the heart is still Cronian. I have to be in the right mood to listen to Cronian. I'm always more excited for Fission and Vintersorg releases then anything else.

Now that I listened to the whole thing for a week straight every night, like I do with each new album I purchase, Enterprise has some very good points. The sound quality is excellent, each instrument is very clear. The drums are bit over powering in some parts, but don't ruin the experience. This overpowering programmed drumming also was an issue for me on the second Waterclime release. I still say live drums are better if you find the right drummer, or a mix of both. Some of the melodies over chord progressions are excellent. Definitely a better album over Terra, but at the heart is still Cronian. I have to be in the right mood to listen to Cronian. I'm always more excited for Fission and Vintersorg releases then anything else.

Cool! Glad to see that you really dig into it for more than just a coupple of spins..about the over powering drums: Cronian is all about having everything blown up to a larger portion of it's originial essence:) Of course it doesen't mean that we skip dynamics..I think that the album is very dynamic and that we're painting with a lof of colours and nuances.

mr V