Cronian - Enterprise

Mr V I especially like 'cirque', great atmosphere, it's like the 'colures' of this album which I also loved. Great work overall.

Cool! Glad to see that you really dig into it for more than just a coupple of spins..about the over powering drums: Cronian is all about having everything blown up to a larger portion of it's originial essence:) Of course it doesen't mean that we skip dynamics..I think that the album is very dynamic and that we're painting with a lof of colours and nuances.

mr V

as a musician, audio engineer, and music lover...critical listening is very important to me. I always give new albums a chance to grow on me. Thats why I got into the Vintersorg material, theirs always so much going on to take in all at once. I still find things off past albums that I haven't heard before.

And yes, Enterprise is very dynamic, the drums are just so explosive in some parts that it takes me away from the vibe of the tunes. I really like the cymbal samples by the way. Ever since hearing Imaginative, the samples you've been choosing sound more and more natural. So while not entirely a great album for me, Enterprise is a big step up from Terra.

Oh and when will Pain Parade see the light of day?

as a musician, audio engineer, and music lover...critical listening is very important to me. I always give new albums a chance to grow on me. Thats why I got into the Vintersorg material, theirs always so much going on to take in all at once. I still find things off past albums that I haven't heard before.

And yes, Enterprise is very dynamic, the drums are just so explosive in some parts that it takes me away from the vibe of the tunes. I really like the cymbal samples by the way. Ever since hearing Imaginative, the samples you've been choosing sound more and more natural. So while not entirely a great album for me, Enterprise is a big step up from Terra.

Oh and when will Pain Parade see the light of day?

Pain Parade is out..check another thread at this forum and you'll see what's up

mr V

i'm listening to it for the first time, and i've to change my mind regarding the cronian experience.
i didn't like terra that much, even after a lot of listenings, but this album seems fucking promising. i liked it immediatly, now i've just to let it grow inside of me. i've the strange feeling that enterprise sounds very familiar to my ears but i can't understand why!
vintersorg voice is awesome as always :)

Some of the melodies over chord progressions are excellent. Definitely a better album over Terra, but at the heart is still Cronian. I have to be in the right mood to listen to Cronian.

My thoughts exactly. Over the past two weeks I've had little more time to finally actually listen to the album. Very awesome melodies/chorusses and whatnot....but then these soundscapes or weird outburst where I'm always like "what the..... were they thinking?" :D
I'm generally not a listener of soundtracks at all so I'd be totally happy if everything was a little bit stripped down to a "simple" song. But I understand that this is not the concept of Cronian.

Despite my previous post "Enterprise" was the perfect 'soundtrack' today. We got comparetivley lots of snow last night and so I was in for a snowy walk down to the station this morning. Not many people around. Great! Travelling though an area of ice......And once I became one with the hordes rushing to work the line "the pit of stupidity seems ocean deep" also got a special meaning :D

Despite my previous post "Enterprise" was the perfect 'soundtrack' today. We got comparetivley lots of snow last night and so I was in for a snowy walk down to the station this morning. Not many people around. Great! Travelling though an area of ice......And once I became one with the hordes rushing to work the line "the pit of stupidity seems ocean deep" also got a special meaning :D

Going from Unterfeldhaus to Erkrath is a pleasure these days! :D